• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Poly-tone paint colors

PerryB

FRIEND
Chico, CA
What are the correct colors for a red & white Super Cub-60's era- scheme? I was planning on Insignia white and Tennessee red, but in looking again Pontiac red looks like it may be "redder". Thanks.

I think the colors you are looking for are Juneau White and Pontiac Red which is what most of the 60's cubs had.

Insignia white is the super bright white and Tennessee Red is heading towards the burgundy shades

Jason

Be aware that they changed their formulas, and can no longer supply matches to the 1970 Poly Tone colors. Same with Randolph dopes - if you like the older colors, it is time to get Norm Douthitt to match, or mix and match your own.

Juneau White used to be Insignia white with a touch of black. They now put yellow in it, and it will not match. Cub Yellows are the most screwed up. I don't know much about the reds, but was not happy with the latest batch of Colorado Red.

Opinion.

I had to add a lot of Juneau White to my Pontiac Red to make it match Tennessee Red....(Randolph colors)

Back