• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Painting my PA-12, Ideas or photos of cool paint scheme's

aztecf

MPLS, MN
Finishing up a restoration of a PA-12, its time to pick the color and paint scheme would like get some comments, photos or ideas. Yellow and the tradition super cruiser paint is not an option. Anyone have idea's or photos
I am leaning towards some shade of white with blue trim

Thanks Jeff

jmjlbeau@msn.com

Although its a S.C. type paint scheme I like the paint job on StewartB's PA12. Fits the airplane well.

The white and blue cub on the Cub Crafters website looks good to me. In fact that is the design I am going to use for my -12, only in green trim, not blue.

Bent

It's a 12. Variation on a theme if it were me. Updated but keeping most of the original lines and then modernized.

How about a warbird pant scheme? Just because there weren't any PA12s in service (were there?) doesn't mean you can't pretend.

Tennessee Red and Diana Cream, although I would be tempted to use Lock Haven Yellow on the cream-colored parts. NC-number on the tail, but leave the big ones off the wings. My opinion.

I almost did my Maule like this.
Tiger_shark_Maule.thumb.jpg

PA-10 said:
How about a warbird pant scheme? Just because there weren't any PA12s in service (were there?) doesn't mean you can't pretend.

But why ruin a nice airplane with a paint job that doesn't belong? If it ain't a warbird, it ain't a warbird. Painting it like one isn't going to make it one. I mean, think of all those Ercoupes with invasion stripes (and there are several). How stupid does that look?? A warbird paint job on a non-warbird airplane looks about as good as a big wing and ground-effects bodywork on a 4 cylinder Pinto!!

Yeah, yeah, I know - I should not hold back and say what I really feel!! :) (As you can tell, this is one of my "hot buttons".)

Cheers!

Joe

The PA-12 was a war bird I think. How about the streatcher haulers AE-1 and HE-1?

T.J. said:
The PA-12 was a war bird I think. How about the streatcher haulers AE-1 and HE-1?

Yeah, you could stretch the HE-1/AE-1 to be called a PA-12, but actually they were military variants of the J5. I know that's splitting hairs, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it!! :)

Joe

3571M out in wasilly looks pretty good. White base with red stripes and black accents. I'm getting mine done the same way only with blue.

dark burgundy with a black nosebowl and a tapered black stripe off the nosebowl, burgundy spinner

Back