• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

New threat to low flying in AK??

MTV, I'm sure there have been some violations. I'm not a walking legal system history library...Both the FAA and NPS have gone after pilots for low flights/buzzing incidents...The one that Cub Kid brought up is the most recent that comes to mind...Serpentine Hot Springs...The NPS made a case out of an aircraft stuck on a muddy runway. The rescue pilot obviously is not going to land on the same muddy runway...He drops the equipment the stuck airplane needs to get out. The BOZO park service idiots(did I say that plain enough) go after the rescue pilot. Look it up, it was in the news....Also we have had a series of NPS blunders lately that have made the news. I think they must have hired a bunch of frustrated laidoff Blackwater types(or wanabees)as park rangers...there are many many examples of over-zealous park rangers and it seems to be getting worse.....(or was it pilgrim hot springs?)

Last edited:
Nanook,

If they turned someone in for a low flight it had to have been for a violation of FAR 91.119, NOT 50 CFR. That's an FAA reg, and is not prosecuted through the civil court system. And, yes, I read all about the hoo-haw on the Yukon this last fall.

MTV

Back