• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

New Airman's Certificate

Greg Smith

Merritt Island, FL
I just received my new Airman's Certificate in the mail. It has the new "Mechanic" endorsement on the front, and Airframe, Powerplant" ratings on the back. The "Private Pilot" endorsement and "Airplane, Single Engine Land" rating is absent however. The name, address, cert number,etc. are all the same (the airman's weight did go up a few pounds though).

It is nagging the back of my mind that you are only allowed to have one Airman's Certificate, But I can't find it in the FARs. Are they all supposed to be on the same cert? Or since the A&P is "other than flight crew" per part 65, do I get a second Airman's Certificate?

How long did it take for your to get it after issue?

I sent in for a new replacement Commercial Certificate in April. Want to get a plastic card.
Still have not received it yet.

ROOTER said:
How long did it take for your to get it after issue?

I sent in for a new replacement Commercial Certificate in April. Want to get a plastic card.
Still have not received it yet.
About 7 weeks. A couple of years ago I requested a new certificate with an I.D. number other than my Social Security number (I don't want to put my SSAN in maintenance records that will end up who-knows-where). If I remember correctly, that took 5 or 6 weeks. Not bad at all... A lot better than my passport.

Back