• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Manned Drones

Cool, but if it is flown by a man it is not a drone by definition. Closer to a helicopter.

I watched a company video and it appears they are trying to use these as a taxi providing medium short distance transportation. Passengers are not actually flying them, other than selecting a destination on a screen. Originally I was against the idea of sharing airspace with these things, but I can see how it could work without problems. My fear is that after the wrong passenger gets killed by collision with a general aviation aircraft we'll all be parked on the ground and these things will rule the skies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs4nDFgVx2o

I noticed that there are no pictures of it in flight. Who would be responsible for human/prop interference when it comes down in a crowded area?

Drone is a Drone.........its a pilotless delivery device. Doesn't matter if cargo is a video camera, a package or a human along for the ride. The consequence of it crashing into a crowd of people will be no different than an airplane crashing into a crowd of people......its gonna suck for everyone involved.
Walmart just paid comedian Tracey Morgan 90 million bucks because of negligent truck driver.......that was an expensive truck load of Pampers!

I'm not even talking about a crash. This thing is surrounded by whirling Ginsu knives. How will you perform crowd control for takeoff and landing?

I saw another video of this machine which indicated that the trip is preprogrammed. The person is just cargo going along for the ride and has no control.

I'm not even talking about a crash. This thing is surrounded by whirling Ginsu knives. How will you perform crowd control for takeoff and landing?

Same way it's done with current aircraft. Designated take off & landing areas.

Back