• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Mainer Phil Zinck lost his mom

Scouter

SPONSOR
Exeter Maine
Long time member and all around stand up guy Phil Zinck lost his mom this week

http://www.meaderandson.com/obituaries/MaryLou-Zinck?obId=1631735#/obituaryInfo

Mary was a great person, with a killer smile. She had a childhood the rest of us can't imagine in France, the Nazis took her mom and orphaned her At a young age. When Phil used to have his fly in, she was always a big part of it. Happy to cook and cleanup after the rest of us. And the girl could really cook.
I know the last few days were tough on Phil and Sue.
You had a great mom Phil. Condolences to you Sue and Henry

jim Crane

Last edited:
What an incredible life story. Thinking about you all, Phil.

sj

I remember meeting your mother at your first fly in a number of years ago in Rumford. Very sorry for your loss Phil. Condolences to your family.

My condolences to you and your family Phil.Your mom was a really nice person.I enjoyed talking to her at your place.Always here if you need something.

Bill

What a happy soul....always a smile. Phil Henry and Sue are thoughts are with you.
Jen and John

Thank all of you for the well wishes. Every mom is certainly special and I was blessed with a keeper. Her honesty and concern for others was remarkable. I lied more in a day then she did in her life I believe. In my youth I was a jerk. No reflection on her or dad. My sister was almost no trouble at all. I am so greatfull that I was able to quit drinking fairly young and have a wonderful relationship with her and dad. When I was young dad was a wanderer with his friends and brothers. About 30 years ago dad turned into the best husband I have ever seen. She was in the nursing home for the last 18 months, she should have been there long before. He did things for her no husband is required to do. He was at the home usually at least 8 hours a day and didntt miss one. The last 6 month she has been in hospice care, he barely left ,just for sleep. The last 6 days of her life he never left her side. He slept in an uncomfortable chair. He will be 86 or 87 in june, he did good. Her being in misery the last 5 weeks has made us believe and accept she is in a far better place. GOD bless and Thanks for your support. I will express your concerns and well wishes to dad.

Phil, some of us who have attended you flyin have had the pleasure of enjoying your parents company while there. To quote the great hard knock philosopher from Rumford Maine. " What a crew " . I think you were all blessed to enjoy each others support.
Love ya buddy

Glenn

Sorry Phil. Sounds like she finished the fight strong. Much better things to look forward to on the other side. I hope those of us who didn't know her get to meet her someday. Love your testimony. Stay strong man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Back