• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Kehler skis

M1

FRIEND
Vancouver BC Canada
Anybody have experience with Kehler retractable wheel skis? Comments?

Kehler retractable skis

M1, Haven't ever heard of Kehler Skis, Where were they made? I own a pair of Ski Fernandez Hydraulic skis and got some help from Swisscubpilot in locating new fiberglass replacement skis and am considering buying them this spring when mine come off. If you don't get any more info call Atlee Dodge in Alaska. I bet he knows where they were made! Good Luck. planecrazy :bang

Kehler Skis are manufactured by Mel Christian in Woodlands (Winnipeg) Manitoba. Phone 204-383-5767 fax-383-5218.

The only retactables I know of lift the aircraft straight up and down using hydraulic cylinders built into the ski beams with a linkage that also retracts the tailwheels.

I have a close up picture of a set (model M4200 or M4400 I believe)mounted to a spring geared Citabria, but I can't figure out how to add a picture to this post. I have the picture already downsized to 900 x 600 and 47Kb but can't access ftp to upload. Maybe if anyone wants it I can send to Steve and he can add it here or ?

Cheers,
Wayne

I'm not having any luck with the kehler link. Is it a good link or is it my end of the PC thats not working.

Valdez said:
I'm not having any luck with the kehler link. Is it a good link or is it my end of the PC thats not working.

It's not you... Didn't work for me either...

It's a good link as I was there the other day, but their provider or phone lines to their provider must be down as not working right now!

Wayne

The kehler link worked fine last week, but does not work for me now.

Photo of kheeler

here is a photo of a 172 on kheeler. It works great for a nose wheel. They are also available on 206 and others. On a 206, i found the plane too nose heavy, but not on the 172. Great think about them is the ability to jack your plane using their hydraulic piston. Just made it an hour ago because the lake had 6 inches of water and it will be cold tonight, my friend 172 is now jacked 10 inches high on wood plank.

http://www.natmongeau.com/RVA_2003/index.html

Louis

went to that last link and it looked like those folks were having alot of fun. The writter spells worse than me. I couldn't even read it.

Back