• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Jihostroj Governor issue on Titan IO 360 PA18 Supercub

I have a Titan IO 360 I’m fitting to a Super Cub PA18. I’m fitting whirlwind 284 the governor is a Jihostroj model P-920-028/A. The governor works pressure to decrease so in normal terms, it returns to the rear of engine direction by spring pressure to the fine pitch stop. Does anyone know if you can reverse this direction as it will make propellor cable routing easier. I can do this by a cam and shaft system I know just looking for any info pics or ideas. All comments appreciated. Photos of modifications really appreciated as no reply from Jihostroj yet. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6116.jpg
    IMG_6116.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_6095.jpg
    IMG_6095.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 48
Thanks Stuart you have been extremely helpful to me on more than one occasion. I truely am thankful. Can you send me a few more pics of cable routing.

Devil- FWIW, my invoice says mine is model P920-028/A. I know exactly nothing about prop governors. I wonder if you can remove the 6 cap screws and rotate the body around on the flange?

Loosen that bolt on the short end of the arm. That bolt is squeezing the split end tight. Slide the arm off the shaft and replace it in the position of your choice. Don't mess with any of the other screws.

attachment.php

I don’t think that’ll work with the stop being attached to the arm.

Attachments

• IMG_2025.jpg
    IMG_2025.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 40
That's a better picture. Loosen those six safety wired screws and rotate the stops to match the new location of the arm.

Devil, here’s the internet installation manual menu. While I do not see the specific governor model we have, I do see a procedure for clocking the control arm. The procedure should be discussed in your installation manual. I’m not near my manual at the moment but can be if you’d like me to send pics of those pages. https://www.jihostroj.com/en/documents.html

I think my arm clocking is the best choice when the cable is run below the cylinders. The final bend up to the governor is about as sharp as I’d be comfortable with but it works smoothly through the range and doesn’t move unless I move it. Pic of the support fork below the baffle attached to illustrate the bend.

Attachments

• IMG_2032.jpg
    IMG_2032.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
That's a better picture. Loosen those six safety wired screws and rotate the stops to match the new location of the arm.

More accurately… rotate the base plate to the best position and then position the arm and adjust the stops to get desired travel. The base plate can change in 60° increments. The arm is more adjustable.

How long ago did you buy the 284? That’s one of the many that WW stopped making, right?

Last edited:
Stewart I've not worked on a Jihostroj governor. It looks in the picture to be similar to other brands in that the plate with the screws just applies clamping pressure on the stop assembly. Loosening the screws should allow an infinite number of setting locations not restricted to the 60° screw spacing.

That makes sense. Honestly, I can’t tell if it’s a clamping plate or if it’s one piece by looking at it.

Stewart I've not worked on a Jihostroj governor. It looks in the picture to be similar to other brands in that the plate with the screws just applies clamping pressure on the stop assembly. Loosening the screws should allow an infinite number of setting locations not restricted to the 60° screw spacing.

Manual info thanks again gentlemen it is much appreciated.
attachment.php

Upon looking at this picture more in depth, it appears that you just cut the safety wire, loosen the 6 screws and rotate the entire arm and stop assembly as a unit to the desired position. Retighten and safety. Look closely at the rest of the manual.

Back