• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Jet Glo Paint

Hendoii

FRIEND
All,
I've got my cub prepped for a respray after doing some cowling and sheet metal work. I found a gentleman that lives near me that is willing to help me out. He has the equipment and a booth and has sprayed many metal airplanes. His work looks great. This thing is just a ratty old cub and not a Lindy so I'm not overly concerned. That said, he is insistent on using Jet Glo paint. I called our local distributer and they were not overly helpful. They hadn't heard of it being used on fabric planes.

What do you experts know? Any experience with it? Do I need to insist on using one of the more common paints or will Jet Glo work? Thanks in advance.

If your cub is experimental, you can use whatever you want. If it's certified, you have to follow the STC as far as topcoat goes. JetGlo is really good paint! Spendy, but good for metal...I'd never use it on fabric, even if it was legal.
Just my opinion and worth what you paid.
John

Back