• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Getting 2 pups from Portland OR to Idaho Falls

bobnall

Hillsboro, OR
I've been in involved in Pilots n Paws recently and a recent transport request has come up for getting 2 small dogs from Portland Oregon to Pittsburg, PA. All transport legs are filled except from Portland to Idaho Falls.

I've volunteered to get them to LaGrande, Or, a 3 hr flight for me. We now need someone to get them from there to Idaho Falls. Can anyone out there in Eastern Oregon or Western Idaho step up and take this leg?

It would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks all.

Bob

Wup, This needs to happen this coming Friday, March 19. There's someone in Idaho Falls that will foster these 2 pups overnight and get them to the east bound pilot on Sat am. If you are thinking about doing this, I will get them to you in Joseph, probably around 11am, wx and winds permitting.

Thanks.

Bob

Well I got to get a puppy to Portland on Sat, to meet a guy that will take one to Texas for Steve and Kathy..... Looks like we are driving and doin a family thing on sunday for my mom in Pendleton so I won't be able to help on this one.

Sorry. :x

Bummer, but thanks for responding. Hopefully someone will step up and help get these little guys to Idaho Falls on Friday.

Bob

Jack,

They are both rescue dogs. One is an 8 yr old Shih Tsu, the other an 11 yr old Cavalier King Charles Spanial that are being adopted by a lady in Pittsburgh, Pa. They have been in a foster home here in Portland for several months and the fosters need to give them up.

I volunteered for leg 1, which was to have been Portland to Idaho Falls, but that's a long haul and back for the slow SC I have so I suggested that Leg 1 be broken up into 2 legs. So far no takers on the 2nd leg. All other legs from Idaho Falls to Pittsburgh, including overnight fosters, have been filled.

The whole trip now depends on getting these 2 pups to Idaho Falls on Friday, March 19 so the rest of the trip can come off as planned..

I'll see that they get there, but it would be great if someone could step in and take half the trip.

Bob

Jack,

Thanks much for the phone call and e-mail today. With your and Rick's help, maybe we can get this mission accomplished.

Again, sincerest thanks.

Bob

ps...ain't this forum great??!!

Day 1 of the Oregon to Pennsylvania excursion gets started with Bob Nall delivering Grover and Miles to La Grande.

IMG_02231.jpg

:up Awesome jmkota.

Cathy and the kids are headed to College Station to pick up Dozer. Cathy was gonna fly down but the weather turned bad. Thans to Wup and Nichole for delivering him to Portland and Brian for the trip from Portland to Brenham. Pokie isn't gonna be the center of attention anymore but I bet he'll like a brother. A lot easier than letting Lee have a brother. :lol:

These two dogs seem inseparable. The King Charles didn't want the Shih Tsu out of his sight. I heard one time that a dog loves his owner best, except for any other dog.

Its amazing how people come together for these deals. I think these two dogs are going to have a total of 7 legs over 3 days to get from OR to PA - one of them over 500 NM. Bob Nall is an amazing guy too. He was willing to drive them from Portland to Idaho Falls, if this didn't come through or the weather was bad.

Jack

Back