• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Flying from TX to Osh - Want to meet up??

GeneHerzog

Sulphur Springs, Texas
Dorinda and I are taking the new Smith Super Cub to Osh, leaving Sulphur Springs, TX on Sat, Sun or Mon. AM.

Anyone interested in flying all or part way with us.

We currently plan a 2 day trip and can go slow if you are a J-3, etc. We could make it in one day if leave early, but are planning to make it a leisurely trip.

Call me at 903-383-7979 at night or Cell 903-335-3021 during day or just post and I will call you.

Don't think Gastons fits our plans this year.

Gene,

Sorry we'll miss you and Dorinda at Gastons...

We'll be pulling out Monday morning when the
Ozark morning fog lifts and will make a fuel stop
at Pittsfield, IL. (PPQ)

Gene and Dorinda...

Are you staying in Oshkosh or camping with us at new Holstein?

Looking forward to seeing your Smith Cub. The pictures are sure beautiful.
Btw, how much did it weigh? Mine started out at 1231# on 850's and "grew up" over the last 5 years to now belly up to the runway at nearly 1350#...thank God for horsepower!!

Lou

We won't be coming to NH due to the opportunity to stay with a friend in his Bluebird at the front of the camping area at OSH. He is a Director of EAA and we have never been able to stay late each night on the grounds at OSH. So this year we will not be at NH. I hope next year.

Are there any rooms left at Gastons for last minutes arrivals??
We might be able to get there on Sunday.

Lou,
Our plane came out at 1350 and flys like a dream. As you say power is everything. Our Superior XP 360 dyno'd at 189 hp. and doesnt seem to perform that badly.

Back