• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Do you have your head up your ass?

Thanks Craig... but I was actually wondering if he ate a lot of industrial vegetable oils (such as corn, canola, soybean, safflower, sesame, sunflower oils, or any foods containing these items such as cooking sprays, salad dressings, margarine, and especially fried foods), and/or a lot of foods containing high amounts of sugar and especially fructose (such as soda, fruit juice, honey, sugar, syrup, candy, barbeque sauce, ketchup, etc).

Cancer is primarily a metabolic disease. If it were primarily genetic, you would not be able to put a nucleus from a cancer cell (which contains the genetic material) into a healthy cell and end up with a healthy cell (and new healthy cells when it reproduces). This experiment destroys the theory that genetics are the primary cause of cancer. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3941741/figure/F1/

carcin_bgt480_f0001.jpg

Attachments

• carcin_bgt480_f0001.jpg
    carcin_bgt480_f0001.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
There may be many factors that cause cancer, including eating habits and environment, I don't see how you can totally rule out genetics. Save for one distant cousin of my Dad's, I can not think of one person on his side of the family that has had cancer. My wife on the other hand has 3 sisters that have had cancer in the last 5 years. All have completely different life styles and live in different parts of the country. Another of her half sisters died quite a few years ago from lung cancer, but she was a heavy smoker.

S2D, I didn't rule out genetics. I said it wasn't the primary cause, and can prove it with the simple experiment above. Yes, it can be a secondary cause, just like people from certain genetic backgrounds are also more sensitive to carbohydrates and thus more prone to get type 2 diabetes. But for T2D, like cancer, what you eat is more important than genetics.

Craig said that his stepson was the first in his family to have this type of cancer.

Lots of things we can't pin point. My Great Grandmother died of cancer at the age of 79 in 1940. Her daughter and grand daughter(my mother) ate lots of sugar and margarine and never had cancer and both lived to 86 years old. My Dad was a crop duster in the last half of his life(85 years) and was around lots of chemical----Toxaphene and DDT, 245-T, Parathion,and one time he made a friends tomatoes wilt when he walked past them in the garden because of the 24D on his clothes. He didn't die of cancer but in later years he did go on a health kick and cut out red meat, ate Barley Green, flax seed etc.

Marty, that is certainly true.... but the trends are horrible over the past 50 years. 25 is the youngest I've heard about someone getting this kind of cancer, and the rates of this type of cancer among younger people has been soaring, as previously discussed in this thread. That is not to say that people didn't get cancer 100 years ago - but it was certainly much more rare than it is today.

I think what the food industry pimps to us is mostly poison. Processed food and drive through windows are the bane of society. I have been doing plant based diet now for almost 7 weeks. The movie "forks over knives" convinced me to try it. It may not be whats perfect for the human diet and the whole thing is subjective to some. I've had arthritis in my joints that slows me way down for the last couple of years. Lately it seems diminished and while I'm not ready for a MMA cage fight I'm close. It's not easy shopping for quality food that is not overpriced. The above mentioned movie is almost a long infomercial for Whole Foods. If I wasn't retired I wouldn't be able to be 'all in' on this type of diet with an airline schedule. This whole experiment is driving my wife nuts.

CJ, you are right. Check out this paper on cancer trends during the 20th century (truly eye-opening charts in here): http://www.iddd.de/umtsno/cancertrends.pdf

Real food is correct... although seems I have gone the opposite of your direction. I have cut almost all plants out of my diet. I eat only the leafy green variety anymore, and many days I don't eat any plants at all! To each his/her own, I guess. But at least we are informed about the dangers of modern, processed foods.

All interesting and educational Christina. Why I said "subjective". I am certain that your way or my way is a hell of a lot better than pulling up to that speaker box and ordering up a #3 supersized.

00948704d2fe0b32617785d17444ec1d

This is a PET scan of a person with colon cancer... FDG-PET imaging uses a radioactive glucose analog tracer to look for cancer. Why? Because cancer loves glucose....

Thanks Craig... but I was actually wondering if he ate a lot of industrial vegetable oils (such as corn, canola, soybean, safflower, sesame, sunflower oils, or any foods containing these items such as cooking sprays, salad dressings, margarine, and especially fried foods), and/or a lot of foods containing high amounts of sugar and especially fructose (such as soda, fruit juice, honey, sugar, syrup, candy, barbeque sauce, ketchup, etc).

Cancer is primarily a metabolic disease. If it were primarily genetic, you would not be able to put a nucleus from a cancer cell (which contains the genetic material) into a healthy cell and end up with a healthy cell (and new healthy cells when it reproduces). This experiment destroys the theory that genetics are the primary cause of cancer. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3941741/figure/F1/

View attachment 30664

I know that my stepsons diet has been not ideal, he has lived on his own since he was 18 and works in construction. So I am pretty sure a lot of fast food and beeer.

Blood work done PSA absolutely normal. down under consultation scheduled for august 7th procedure on the 10th.

Lost DAD on May 6th 2000, only 63 years young. He inspired me to be and do what I do today. He instilled a love of aviation from the time we were born. Cancer is a ugly disease. Please get checked sooner than laterdad leni john 1978.jpg

Attachments

• dad leni john 1978.jpg
    dad leni john 1978.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 171
It is 10:24 est on a Monday mornng and I'm stting at home working after a little over two hours at the hostpital first things this morning for what I hoped would be a routine colonoscopy. It was and I received a clean bill of health. A couple of observations. The prep and fasting isn't bad at all. I used a zero calorie sports drink to host the powder mix. I lost three pounds during the fasting period. The staff at our local hospital were fantastic: personable and well-organized. A friend's wife was one of the RNs for the procedure. They administered a general local and a mild line sedative. I felt nothing and enjoyed watching the procedure on the color monitor. Total time in op was less than 20 minutes. Recovery was about 40 minutes. A clean bill of health was pronounced and I'm scheduled for my next one in ten years.

I'm 52 and waited, partly out of fear and partly out of a lack of family history for colon cancer. Plus, what if they find something? Is ignorance really bliss? Chris's experience adjusted my thinking in short order. My advice is to get the procedure done at the earliest opportunity if you are of a certain age or have any signs of issues with your lower system. Reading up on the procedure will alleviate anxiety and as for pain, well, the only very minor pain I experienced was when they ran the line for the iV. That's it.

So, for those of you on the fence--get 'er done. It's a piece of cake. It's actually quite interesting. And it may very well save your life.

Last edited:
I turned 50 last year and was told the fecal test (poop on paper) was good enough. Should I insist on colonoscopy? According to the chart above the fecal test gets an "A"?

Had mine a few weeks ago. Piece of cake. Follow-up appointment tomorrow. I guess they sent a few things to the Path Lab, but Dr. told my wife post procedure that it was nothing to worry about. But I hope I will rest better after tomorrow's appointment. Ran into a "kid" 20+ years my junior at the local watering hole last night. (I was practicing law when he was in grade school) He was diagnosed a few years ago. Hardly recognized him from a few months ago. No doubt he won't be around long. No family history, his parents are my age, mid 60"s.

I turned 50 last year and was told the fecal test (poop on paper) was good enough. Should I insist on colonoscopy? According to the chart above the fecal test gets an "A"?

Nope. The fecal test is like finding metal in the screen. Bad things have already started.Get a coloscopy.

Had my follow up appointment. Path report said all is well. They will call me in three years for next scope.

Back