• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Christmas in April

SimonK

Nome
So let me tell you guys about my day...

Up at 7:00, to work by 7:40. Get the call that I can do my Civil Air Patrol 182 checkride at noon. Go and do the checkride, nail it - sweet.

Head over to Tony's house at 5:10, crack the first beer after a long week. At 6-ish we head to the Bering Sea Saloon, and on the T.V. is the Red Sox-Yankees game with the evil empire up 6-2 in the top of the 8th. Tony and I get a nice cold Oly in front of us and watch the Sox slowly but surely keep the Yanks from scoring additional runs. My boys then go on to score 5 runs in the bottom of the 8th to put us up on top of the evil empire, allowing Tony and I to rush out to pick up our ordered pizzas to bring out to our pregnant wives. Nome being small, we were able grab the pizzas and drive the 3 miles to my apartment to watch the Red Sox kill off the Spankees in the top of the ninth- quite the statement by my boys early in the season.

So, we eat the pizza, and I'm doing my best to watch the Red Sox replays on ESPN while my boy (3.5 years) is trying to drag me in the bedroom to show me something. Finally he convinces me to go into the bedroom with him to show me his 'wheels.' We get in there and he opens the closet door and says "look at the other wheels, daddy!" Immediate confusion set in as there were a set of 31 inch Bushies staring me in the face from the previously Bushwheel-free closet. My smiling pregnant wife was watching from the bedroom door announcing that Christmas and birthday came early this year.

All I can say boys is that on today, April 20, I win. Tomorrow I will be hungover and not in quite the fine position that I am right now, but for a fleeting few moments I'm King James and you guys can call me Rick.

Simon

Don't you love it when karma flows your way for awhile? :lol:

Rick,

You are the best. I am afraid Nome has been infected with this evil "Big Tire Disease!" And you are the latest victim. I wish you and your family all the best.

MW

Back