• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Anyone Have a Line on Later Style Adjustable Seats?

180_jeff

I have always wanted to swap out my stock '57 front seats for a couple of adjustable later style ones. Anyone have a line on a pair of front seats? I did check with a couple of salvage yards, but they had no stock.

Yes, I did. He was the only one that had any and he wanted full-blown high retail. To be honest with you, Peter - before he passed away - charged a pretty penny, too.

There are lots of late model seats around. They cost about $75K each and if you buy the pair you get a free airplane as a bonus.

Curious which feature of the later model seats you want?
Articulation?

My old C170 had a set of later model seats in it with tall square backs, and I didn't much like them.
Found a set of early round-back seats and sold off the later model seats.
A year or two later I met a former owner of the 170,
and the first thing he asked me was how did I like those awesome late-model seats he put in.
He seemed a bit offended when I said I'd replaced them.

I have the seats that you are interested in. Have had them on my 1955 180, and I am going to the original style. Perhaps a trade would be considered for yours. PM me if interested.

Back