• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Alaska Custom Cubs

AKA Dakota cub, and I love the picture of Paul Claus's yellow cub that they didn't even build, but other than that it looks really good. Hope all goes well for them.

Steve Pierce said:
According to the website they are rebuilding Claus's Alpha Cub. Looks like a nice place to work.

Yes, but if you look at the brochure that they sent in the mail, it shows more pictures of his other cub than the "Alpha cub". If a guy didn't know any better, it would lead you to believe that they built that one too. Any way it is no big deal, just an observation on my part. I did get a chance to look at the website, and it looks like they are doing a really nice job on it.

Good marketing. :wink: Be interesting to see what it weighs. I noticed they moved the brakes up front. I was surprised with the baggage door and instrument panel.

Paul is their spokesman, I looked at the Ultima Thule cub built up by them and it is a nice piece of work.
I don't know what it weighs but it will be light.
Who rebuilt 16B? Isn't that the old tattered guide airplane that Jeff owned?

bearsnack said:
Paul is their spokesman, I looked at the Ultima Thule cub built up by them and it is a nice piece of work.
I don't know what it weighs but it will be light.
Who rebuilt 16B? Isn't that the old tattered guide airplane that Jeff owned?

It is Jeffs old airplane, I bought it 2 years ago from him, and flew it for about 6 months, before I decided that it was time to rebuild her. I had Mark Bills do the airframe, and had Werner re-build the engine, and I did all of the rest. Still not a winning show cub, but I sure am happy with it, and I feel alot more confident flying it around. It was definitely in need of a serious re-build when I bought it. I didn' know that Paul was there spokesman, until I looked at the website, I guess you have do more than look at the pictures, sometime you have to read also, and it was merely a observation. I was not trying to imply anything, but can see how some of you could take it out of context.

Northern Piper rebuilt both his cubs. The "other" one was bought by some friends and rebuilt a year or so ago. Both look nice though.

No worries, Northern Airframes is still a solid business. I ordered an airframe from them the other day.
Mark is a good craftsman, I bet old 16B is flying nice these days.

bearsnack said:
No worries, Northern Airframes is still a solid business. I ordered an airframe from them the other day.
Mark is a good craftsman, I bet old 16B is flying nice these days.

No worries, be happy, do dee dooooo.
I bet the new plane looks great on 35s!

I stopped in and checked out there operation last week. I was impressed with their workmanship. Paul's new plane is pretty neat. Titanium floor, firewall and etc. I should have taken some pictures.

Back