• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Airstreak tundra tire recap

fdbrb

Chugiak, Alaska
Hi,
I have two sets of the old 30 inch Airstreaks. Both sets are in need of a little love. Anybody know if there is a place that will recap them. Just trying to postpone the inevitable purchase of new Bushwheels.
Thanks,
Ben

recaps

Wilkerson A/C tires in Crewe Va. would do it about a year ago for around 400$ per. That was only for the tread area so if your sidewalls are cracked there is no help. I thought my money was better spent on 31" Bushwheels and I am very glad I did. WAY BETTER TIRE.

Wilkerson's # is 434-645-9641

Dave

I had a set done by Plains A to Z tire done years ago. I'm not sure if there still around. The one problem is it takes alot of pressure in the tire for the re-cap, one of mine blew out so now it needs a tube. They live in a dusty corner and a set of B/W's live on the cub.

I wouldn't waste money on the Airstreaks if possible. My dad has two Cubs one w/ Airstreaks and the other w/ AKBW Radials. He does a lot of off airport flying and says the AKBW Radials are far superior to the Airstreaks in all aspects (roll, braking, absorbtion). Re-caps will ruin the Airstreaks.

raised on cubs

Back