• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA-18A-150 Spar replacement

Cristhian

Hello,

I need your help with advices to document the replacement of the SPAR ASSEMBLY - Rear, left on a PA-18A-150. To fill the form 337 after an incident i need a technical reference to describe the process of remove an install a new one.

If you are in the US. Replacement of a spar is not a major repair. No 337 needed. Recover of fabric is a different deal.
A simple " removed rear spar and replaced with ____. Installation accomplished same as original spar installation." You can yada, yada , yada in reference to AC 43 and good aeronautical practices if you want so it looks like you are an intelligent type of craftsman.
What you replace it with is what you finish the sentence with

If you are in the US. Replacement of a spar is not a major repair. No 337 needed. Recover of fabric is a different deal.
A simple " removed rear spar and replaced with ____. Installation accomplished same as original spar installation." You can yada, yada , yada in reference to AC 43 and good aeronautical practices if you want so it looks like you are an intelligent type of craftsman.
What you replace it with is what you finish the sentence with

Unfortunately I'm not in the US, many years ago we could register this type of replacement as a minor repairs, but things are different now.

Looking for other references besides AC 43, there are some Piper diagrams (image attached) and Piper reports, do you know of some of these old documents, like Piper Memos, that might also be useful?

LA-21 Spar - rear.jpgPiper Report 380.jpg

Attachments

• LA-21 Spar - rear.jpg
    LA-21 Spar - rear.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 85
  • Piper Report 380.jpg
    Piper Report 380.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 69
Back