• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Black Eyes on Youtube continue

Status
Not open for further replies.
An entire new YouTube biz is being started by others posting about the incident, and they are getting lots of hits.

Any other type of plane would have spun in instead of landing like they should on brush and rocks.

Gary

An entire new YouTube biz is being started by others posting about the incident, and they are getting lots of hits.
That is the funny part his stunt has been a windfall for other YTers. I haven't watched many but have videos recommended from channels that are aviation adjacent and not pure aviation covering this dreadful mishap. The next move is YTers collectively buying old airplanes then drawing straws to see who has to fake a crash so the rest of them can comment on it. ;-)

Any other type of plane would have spun in instead of landing like they should on brush and rocks.

Gary

Naw, Gary, pilots spin airplanes. That said, the worst part of all this is the loss of a grand old airplane, that, regardless of condition, could have found a home and taught many more pilots the finer art of flying.

SAD,

MTV

Naw, Gary, pilots spin airplanes. That said, the worst part of all this is the loss of a grand old airplane, that, regardless of condition, could have found a home and taught many more pilots the finer art of flying.

SAD,

MTV

Not sure Mike... did you watch the part of the "sucked out" airplane where he points out that airplane restarted itself and started flying away? I think there might be two airplanes involved here...

Yup the smart Taylorcraft started to turn the prop but the pilot had left it at idle. Now if he had opened the throttle B4 sucking out......

Gary

I have never seen someone's ashes like that. I have spread ashes and they come in a bag 100 times bigger than that and a lot finer. Kinda looked like Crack rocks to me. Maybe that is it, he was smoking Crack.

I have never seen someone's ashes like that. I have spread ashes and they come in a bag 100 times bigger than that and a lot finer. Kinda looked like Crack rocks to me. Maybe that is it, he was smoking Crack.
The fellow that passed had died years ago. It was in terrible taste to bring him into the story. I believe he passed jumping and in that community separating ashes to be spread by friends in different places is not uncommon. Given time passed, and the apparent integrity of the video creator it could have been fireplace ashes.

In the video, he mentioned that he had “some of the ashes” of his friend.

MTV

FWIW I got talked into helping spread someone's cremains for a shirt tail relative last summer.
It turned out to be only a sandwich baggie about half full.
I think "spreading them around" is a pretty common practice.

It’s a satire page. People thought he was serious a while back and the faa got involved. Now he has to say it’s not real. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He did say it sucked.

The guy is good at deadpan. It was even better than watching the idiot hit the thorns.

As I understand it, those sport canopies are expensive. Wonder how many tears his got walking out with it over the shoulder.

Pilots don’t destroy airplanes, but opportunists do. That’s all these people are. Any pilot who has been in a serious crash (not an “incident” but a crash) knows something down deep, and that is you don’t walk away unscathed even if you apparently do.

Woke up this morning and see the guy is on ABC news with the headline "Pilot Crashes For Clicks?" -- so he got what he wanted: attention. Now he'll probably get it, just a little more than wanted from the authorities.

Today I filled out the background check questionnaire from DHS because I finally got a hangar at our local airport. One of the questions was if I had ever been charged or convicted of 18 USC 32, Destruction of aircraft or aircraft facilities.

Well, I hadn't, but decided to look it up:

"18 USC 32

(a) Whoever willfully-

(1) sets fire to, damages, destroys, disables, or wrecks any aircraft ... or any civil aircraft used, operated, or employed in interstate, overseas, or foreign air commerce;
shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years or both."

Willfully wrecking an airplane is no small thing. Up to 20 years!

Today I filled out the background check questionnaire from DHS because I finally got a hangar at our local airport. One of the questions was if I had ever been charged or convicted of 18 USC 32, Destruction of aircraft or aircraft facilities.

Well, I hadn't, but decided to look it up:

"18 USC 32

(a) Whoever willfully-

(1) sets fire to, damages, destroys, disables, or wrecks any aircraft ... or any civil aircraft used, operated, or employed in interstate, overseas, or foreign air commerce;
shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years or both."

Willfully wrecking an airplane is no small thing. Up to 20 years!
I don't think this applies as the Tcrate wasn't being used in air commerce unless you count youtube profiteering and that is a stretch. They can hang him on 91.13, the state could hang him on all sorts of things, but in the end who cares it isn't much of a crime. Retarded but not very criminal, worry about the drunk driver that could run over your kid, not retards that destroy their own property for social media clicks. In your self righteous outrage you might not be able to see it but Trevor skating is the best thing for all of us. We are well down the slippery slope of recreation that some people are afraid of is outlawed for everyone, cause feelings. You can go harrumph all you want but what you like to do is next or already gone they just haven't caught up with you yet. To the people that make the rules Trevor intentionally jumping and wrecking his plane isn't different from you intentionally landing off airport and accidentally wrecking your airplane.

I don't think this applies as the Tcrate wasn't being used in air commerce unless you count youtube profiteering and that is a stretch. They can hang him on 91.13, the state could hang him on all sorts of things, but in the end who cares it isn't much of a crime. Retarded but not very criminal, worry about the drunk driver that could run over your kid, not retards that destroy their own property for social media clicks. In your self righteous outrage you might not be able to see it but Trevor skating is the best thing for all of us. We are well down the slippery slope of recreation that some people are afraid of is outlawed for everyone, cause feelings. You can go harrumph all you want but what you like to do is next or already gone they just haven't caught up with you yet. To the people that make the rules Trevor intentionally jumping and wrecking his plane isn't different from you intentionally landing off airport and accidentally wrecking your airplane.

So, by this logic, none of us should be outraged by destruction of a great aircraft, breaking of multiple laws (not just aviation regs), or general dumbassery? Not enough chemicals in this land to make me that mellow.

Web

I'm not particularly outraged. My only point was doing stupid things may have consequences undreamed of.

I agree a federal prosecutor might have better things to do, but why tempt them?

In my haste I left out the part in 18 USC 32 about wrecking "an aircraft in the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States."

49 U.S. Code § 46501(2) has that covered too:

"(2)“special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States” includes any of the following aircraft in flight:
(A) a civil aircraft of the United States...."

So, by this logic, none of us should be outraged by destruction of a great aircraft, breaking of multiple laws (not just aviation regs), or general dumbassery? Not enough chemicals in this land to make me that mellow.

Web
To normal people there is no difference between what Trevor did and accidently wrecking a Supercub landing off airport. Both are unnecessary and carry risk. Risk only to the pilots but it has been illegal to put yourself and solely yourself at risk in America for a long time, just not consistently enforced. And you landing off airport is not necessary to the people who make the rules no matter how important you think it is for yourself.

No difference? One is an intentional act that actually has laws that cover it and the other is simply an accident that occurs while pursuing a legal avenue of work or recreation.

If he went and trashed a lifted 4X4 on recreational or public land, he'd have to pay $50 and pick up the garbage (bonus if you can name that reference). But if he was Bajaing around and rolled it on a highway, it's just a traffic accident. I've never heard about any US law prohibiting risky behavior. Just ask Timothy Treadwell about that.

Finally, landing off airport is actually necessary. At least here.

Web

Here is my thing. Trevor could have gotten more "Likes" and boosted his self worth if he bought that old Taylorcraft and helped some kid starting out in aviation and filmed it. If you knew the history of that particular airplane you would know that it has been the source for some really good people getting in to flying. I know one of them. He worked for me for a while and has moved on to flying jets. THAT airplane, as old and beat up as it was, allowed him to solo a taildragger in a time where aviation is inaccessible to most. It was the start of his aviation career.

Instead, Trevor put a nail in the coffin of any career he can ever hope for by doing something dumb on a public forum and getting caught. He showed the world that his word was without value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back