• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

fuel injection systems [Airflow Performance]

dynoluc

timmins ONT
Who is using Airflow Performance fuel injection?

Any Info Pros and Cons of this fuel injection systems would be greatly appreciated.

I have the AFP system on my RV7 IO360 parallel valve and couldn't be happier. Great support and I have mine dialed in so all cyliders run within 5 degrees from high to low on the egt. Big problem with FI on a Cub is they are very hard to start by hand propping and if you lose all electrical you probably won't get it started. Don

I have API on my IO-390. I used the 200A servo and it didn't need tuning of the nozzles. Temps are very level. I was told to expect more HP with the 200A and that proved true on Superior's dyno when I had the same FI on an IO-400. The 200A is a zero-leakdown servo and to date I've had no flooding while parked or hot. Very happy.

If I have a battery too weak to crank the engine chances are high there's enough juice to run the boost pump for a few seconds and the Pmags after that. But I carry a jump pack just the same.

Back