• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

New Products in the Super Cub Store!

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
Lots of new products in the supercub.org store. Including this flashy new t-shirt & sweatshirt design:

9237824_F_tn.jpg
9237827_F_tn.jpg

Check it out!

http://www.cafeshops.com/supercub

I suppose you have noticed that I am a bit picky.

Take off the supercub lettering and the background - leave the outline of the cub and I'll buy 'em.

GR

I thought you were sensitive new age guys, so I added the thongs...

sj

sj,

Now that's fast and neat. I hope they have long sleeves too.

I'll belly up.

GR

sj,

I suppose with the click click ordering that would be "put your money where your mouse is".

GR

New items for sale

Ditto on the nice job, Steve. You just helped to make my Christmas shopping for next year a whole lot easier! Oh, yeah, I know a gal who will enjoy the thongs. Many thanks.

rsc

Hey Steve,

I just got a note from Cafepress that they had shipped the order of Gary Special silhouette cub shirts. This time I used their comment section to explain why there was no physical address on my billing address and everything apparently went smooth.

After I see the shirts, I may ask you to see if they will do the same thing in a long sleeve. I remember wearing a short sleeve once last summer.

GR

sj,

So I did and have 'em on order.

Were you this fast or do some other folks like the minimal approach too?

Interesting illusion - the ones with the color patch behind them look as if the supercub is flying toward you, but it almost looks like it is flying away in the sillhouette only version.

GR

Yes, it is a regular piece of MC Escher art...

Actually, that silhouette is from a photo I took of Cubdrvr's cub (check his avatar) on the Texas trip which I laboriously jacked with in photoshop.

279213e9d88e47ccac.jpg

sj

I ordered a couple plain jane's too Gary..........nice idea..... 8)

I also like the new t-shirts, in particular the Gary design with the coming and going optical effect. I may order one soon, but I have one small request...

Can we sometime see a bit of Supercub paraphernalia that features an <u>unmodified</u> PA-18? You know, the least common denominator that all of our airplanes started as... flying cans, little tires, Lockhaven modest (unextended and covered) legs, no cables (or at least installed according to the Atlee Dodge STC), etc.

Almost all PA-18s feature some kind of modifications, including mine these days (Atlee Dodge cables), but there in lies the rub. I'd sure like a picture that didn't make me realize that to be a "true" Supercub, I still need to go do a whole shopping list of modifications... (which is out of reach for now).

Just a thought. I'll skip a flight and put the gas money towards a T-shirt real soon now.

-->Aaron

Aaron,

The Cub Club might have some of those unmodified jobbies with real shiny propellers... 8)

Looks like I am going to have to work on a personal apparel line for each individual pilot. Might be a source of new donations... hmmm...

sj

You don't really want me to go start bugging the Cub Club, do you?

(Not even sure where they are, and I doubt they'd have anything as fun as Rants n' Raves).

Hey, I don't want custom for my airplane, after all, mine is modified too now, what with cables and VGs coming. I'm suggesting maybe least common denominator, Piper PA-18... :p

Don't get me wrong. The T-shirts are great. No need to do anything different at all.

But (you knew there was a but), how about a "Before" and "After"? <u>That</u> could be amusing. Just where to draw the line? (Please, no belly pod.)

-->Aaron

Icecub, that design is pretty nice. I wonder how it would look on a Carhartt jacket.

......a belly pod complete with straps? I found 'em today Deano......and I'll give you a shout..

I thought the whole idea of the tee shirt was to show your support and admit you are one of the misfits on SC.org. There are plenty of places that will custom airbrush your particular SC on a tee shirt.

As long as they are not R rated.. if they are, just email them to ME.. 8)

How about a silhouette of a whole airplane? (Preferably with big tires, cables, and a cargo pod, and whatever else ya wanna throw in)

RB

steve said:
As long as they are not R rated.. if they are, just email them to ME.. 8)

I think we need a new usergroup... R Rated... Then you could regulate those that are interesed instead of just keeping them for yourself Steve...

David.

Steve

I suspect that after you make your trip to Florida we may see a shirt with floats on them? By the way - making the trip to Dale's cabin this year, will take some pic. :crazyeyes:

Back