• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Into the mist

S

StewartB

What it's all about. Words just get in the way.

2008_sheep_trip_047.jpg

Stewart

Nice shot, which way did you go?

Is that a shot gun case on your strut, and if so what are the rules on those things, I got to have one whether I ever put one in there or not.

Behind me is a dead-end canyon shrouded in fog. Ahead after a few turns is the Post River and safe passage to the lowlands. I flew the Cessna over and had a friend drop me off in the mountains. The best part of the trip was spending 10 hours in the back seat of a real Cub driver's plane. I'm very humbled by the talent of the guy driving the Cub in that picture. That "strip" was an honest 275' long with no margin for error at either end. No going around.

The case holds scoped rifles. A Weatherby ultra lightweight in 270 Win was my choice for this trip. We tied it in with parachute cord. Some guys prefer bungees.

No sheep. Great trip. I'm a better pilot by being an observant passenger.

2008_sheep_trip_030.jpg

Stewart

As with most airplane hunts, climbing those slopes looks easier from the air than it is on the ground! And now we get to go back down! :eek:

DSC01035.JPG

Stewart

Not that I know of!

We flew an honest 6 hours one day looking for "the" ram. There are so many secret spots out there that a guy (or girl) can't live long enough to visit them all. How about you tell me where his secret spot is and I'll tell you if this is it? :D

Stewart

Gotcha.... you are right, it is not his spot -- I initially missed where you said it was near the Post River.

The saddle and the length of the landing area are about right though, I think!

Very cool! Sorry you didn't get any sheep.

Stewart,

Great shots. Sheep hunting is one of life's great experiences. It brings back fond memories of a different place that I frequented with my favorite sheep hunting buddy, my son.

Good to see you are having more fun than should be allowed.

Jerry

A couple more for you. I'm really not much a photographer.

Another view from another slippery foothold.

DSC01033.JPG

This lake would be a cool place to just spend a weekend.

DSC01025.JPG

There's a lot of beautiful country out there. I missed snapping a pic of the Cathedral Spires. I think perhaps a spring ski-flying trip to the Spires may be in order!

Stewart

"I'm a better pilot by being an observant passenger."

Couldnt have said it better my self. Ive learn some of my best flying by never touching the controls.

Back