• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

"Taylor Cub" LSA

Longwinglover

Charlotte, NC
Does anyone have any information on "new" Taylorcraft (La Grange, TX) and their plan to offer a Cub airframe with Taylorcraft wings and Continental O-200 engine? Supposed to be in the LSA catgory and available in 2005.

Information about this plan or the company is appreciated.

John Scott

There was a thread on the taylorcraft site about the problems people were having with the new Taylorcraft in La Grange but the moderator deleted all three pages. Glad we don't have cenceorship at SC.org. I would avoid them like the plague. They seem to be using deposits for start up capital. Whhen I talked to MIDO and FAA Engineering in Ft. Worth they still only had a PMA for parts. No production certificate.

they were at oshkosh and i think it was the 160 or 180 and it was like 60,000. ACA is comming out with the champ again for 45,000 i think but im not sure... i rember seeing it at there booth at osh. Very basic and it is sportpilot approved.

tom ford

My business dealings with The New Taylorcraft have been less than satisfactory (to put it nicely). Take any promises they make you with a grain - no, make that a block of salt. :bad-words:

Yeah, but what a nice machine the L-4 with taylorcraft wings would be. fast, yet more comfortable, and with better visibility and much better looks than the old side by side Taylorcraft. I saw one many years ago in ACY, and loved the way it looked. I think D&C is putting Riblett wings on experimental Cubs for the same effects (speed). Taylor had a better idea for lift struts, too. Now how about Fowler flaps?

Back