• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Source for retractable shoulder harness?

CptKelly

GONE WEST
NC
Hi Guys,
Does anyone know a source for retractable shoulder harnesses for an experimental cub? I have seen several shoulder harnesses with a sort of retractable reel for harnesses. Looks like a winner to me, and I'd like to have a couple.

Mike

Call Jack Hooker, Hooker Harness. 815-233-5478. Mention that you know me, we broke into his van at Sun-n-fun last year, and drank a bit of is beer :D
Wilbur

Call Jack Hooker. I got a set (front & rear) of his shoulder harnesses last year, and really like them. I got the retract for the front only, though. They come in various styles & colors and look real nice.

I used the Atlee Dodge attach brackets front & rear. The front one fit fine, but the rear was too big. It seems my tubing was a bit undersized. I called them and told them what the problem was, they had me send the rear one back and they remade it, no extra charge.

You can see his catalogue on-line, too. I think it's www.hookerharness.com.

Anne.

Another nomination for Jack Hooker. Quality work, and will customise to your requirements.

Friend George got a set with 3" military lapbelts and shoulder harness for his recently redone Supercub, and they're the best I've ever flown with.

For you spamcanners, Jack's Cessna kits are the solidest mounting you'll find, in my opinion; and the Factory mounting is way flimsy in comparison. The carrythrough structure fails before the shoulder harness. I've got a set in the spamcan without the inertia reel (wish't I'd have gotten that, too, have to slack off to reach the flap handle).

Just my opinion, but I've flown with lots of systems, and Hooker is great.

Thanks. Cubscout

Back