• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

seat belt mounts

Binty

South Island, New Zealand
Im considering mounting the front shoulder straps off the Cross tube above the rear passengers head as per the common Mod. A couple of Qs arise..
1. Im wondering, dont they hang right in front of the rear Pax face?
2. With the inertia reel setup, what stops them retracting all the way back?

also.. whats the reasoning for the fwd floor mounted lap belt modification? Have there been accident cases where the pilots seat comes adrift?

Im considering mounting the front shoulder straps off the Cross tube above the rear passengers head as per the common Mod. A couple of Qs arise..
1. Im wondering, dont they hang right in front of the rear Pax face?
2. With the inertia reel setup, what stops them retracting all the way back?

also.. whats the reasoning for the fwd floor mounted lap belt modification? Have there been accident cases where the pilots seat comes adrift?

you add a tube for shoulder harness when you X brace topdeck above pilots seat... Atlees will give? you STC (technically, angles don't meet the shoulder harness mount locations requirements, but this was done to prevent as severe spine compression in crash...)

to stop an inertia reel belt from rolling up to far you can add something on belt thats bigger than opening on inertia reel face....

Yes you and the seat go zinging...
seat belt mount STC kit
http://www.fadodge.com/index.php?op...d=2:seatbeltattachkit&cid=2:cockpit&Itemid=53

you add a tube for shoulder harness when you X brace topdeck above pilots seat... Atlees will give? you STC (technically, angles don't meet the shoulder harness mount locations requirements, but this was done to prevent as severe spine compression in crash...)

So the belt passes over the small tube behind the 'X' and down to your shoulders for use? I thought guys just hung the harness there after flight?

I have found that when questioned people reply "what harness?"

I have the straps running straight from the rear cabin spar (attached with the Atlee Dodge fitting) straight to the front seat occupant's shoulders. I could not find anything written down that permitted the straps to be threaded over that little cross tube. I had to get a 337 from CAA to fit the Atlee Dodge fitting (at great expense) as NZCAA do not have anything equivalent to "minor change" like in the US. I actually had an argument with a senior CAA person about the whole issue..........

Andrew.

bill_moose_city.jpg

Harness shown draped over short cross tube between X and plenty of room for backseater.

Attachments

• bill_moose_city.jpg
    bill_moose_city.jpg
    812.8 KB · Views: 168
Back