• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Rear and Upper baggage capicity

Fortysix12

RanchAero Grand Vista, Brooksville
What weight limit is used for the upper and lower extended baggage area.

I remember my 94 having 50 pounds as the limit for the stock baggage area but would like to know what everybody else has figured for the areas mentioned. I have the odessy battery under the rear seat. no other major mods.

The SC I am putting together will have upper and lower baggage. Both compartments will be placarded at 25 lbs. each. There is an STC for the lower, but the upper will have to be field approved. I am using the Dakota Cub procedures and numbers for the upper for the field approval.

Dan's Aircraft has a multiple field approval for 180 pound 3rd seat, upper extended and lower extended.

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to get a field approval for an extended upper baggage in an L-21. If anyone has copies of 337's for this mod and would be willing to send me a copy of it it would be greatly appreciated. I hope copies of previously approved one's will suffice for acceptible data on the one I'd like to do.

Thanks for your help,

Ryan Johnson

For perspective, the CC-18 has the third seat mod installed, so MAIN baggage is 180 pounds.

If memory serves, Aft EXTENDED baggage is limited to 20 pounds, and aft upper baggage is limited to 10 pounds.

I think those are pretty common numbers for the aft baggage on many cubs.

MTV

as far as the OLD questions in this thread.... weight limit placarding..

its the structure you put in that defines the max weight limit per area,

BUT aircraft must still fall within CG limits....

you decide.... you can placard it for 100lbs if its strong enough, with a placard such as 'max aft baggage 100lbs refer to weight and balance for proper CG range' or such, whether that's smart or not is......

Back