• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Poly Spray gass off

Ron B.

Yarmouth, Nova Scotia
I've lent out my polyfiber manual and I'm doing a small patch. I seem to recall a gass off period of seven days. I'm not sure if it's the poly brush or the poly spray that needs to gas off before appling the Aerothane finish coat? I think it's the spray!
Thanks Ron

A patch will not need as long. It's the silver, polyspray that takes the longest.

At roam temp, a 4" X 6" patch , how long would you wait?
Thanks Ron

it will probably be fine in a couple hours....

the worry is,
when going over like a metal leading edge, with NEW fabric and all the build up coats, it WICKS the liquid against the metal and a skin drys over surface trapping the liquid/vapor in...

then if you top coat it and seal that in, in a hot climate or hot sun it might make that trapped stuff expand and cause bubbles....

NEVER had it happen in over 20 years!!! never seen it happen...

I allways go direct from silver to color for best adhesion... BUT.... I ALWAYS allow each coat to fully dry recomended time before next silver coat.....(that's the key!)

I've lent out my polyfiber manual and I'm doing a small patch. I seem to recall a gass off period of seven days. I'm not sure if it's the poly brush or the poly spray that needs to gas off before appling the Aerothane finish coat? I think it's the spray!
Thanks Ron

I've gone to Aerothane over Poly Tone for trim the next day without any problems. Two spray sessions of Poly Brush or Poly Spray in one day is fine. With Poly Spray that would be four actual coats with cross coats.

Back