• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Performance STOL moving forward with Double Slotted Flap certification.

5 Rivers

Wasilla, Alaska
This is a repost of the thread I started that got moved to Rants and Raves. I think that this information of another mod that is being actively pursued for certification is worth being available for those that haven't read about it yet.

Performance STOL moving forward with Double Slotted Flaps

Just passing on some interesting info. Talked to Keller today to find out if he was going to be at the Alaska Airmen's Show. As it turns out, he will not be at the Airmen's show this year as Performance STOL is busy working towards certification of their double slotted fowler flaps. Performance STOL has obtained a Project number with the Anchorage ACO and actively pursuing certification of their flaps for the PA-18. So, STC'd flaps are coming soon!

Cheers,
Randy Goza​

This was my second post on the other thread.

For experimental use Performance STOL can custom build almost any Double Slotted Flap configuration you want for the cub airfoil.

However, for certification the configuration will be Extended PA-18 Configuration, a direct replacement for the PA-18 flap, except the flap extends inboard to the fuselage eliminating the fairing between the fuselage and stock flap and 2" deeper cord than stock flaps. Certification is being sought with the stock PA-18 tail feathers.

Last edited:
Update:
Doug is in Anchorage this week and next week doing test flights with the ANC ACO working on flap certification for the PA-18.

Randy

I hope is makes it through all the hoops!! I think it is one of the mods that will help a mediocre pilot like myself.
DENNY

I hope is makes it through all the hoops!! I think it is one of the mods that will help a mediocre pilot like myself.
DENNY

Hey Denny. I don't think your mediocre. I saw you fly at Valdez and you didn't crash. I even flew with you a few days later and I'm still alive. All good by me.

Back