• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Oregon fly-in lodge

Minam Lodge

Joseph, OR
I would like to invite pilots in to our lodge for breakfast or overnight accommodations. My wife and I are the new managers for Minam River Lodge. I have been an outfitter for more than 20 years and a pilot even longer. Minam airstrip is similar to a lot of the Idaho backcountry strips. Please stop in and check us out or go to http://www.minamriverlodge.com Hope to see ya there, Shawn Steen

Howdy Shawn,

Hoping to drop in to see you and Shelly sometime in July. Good to hear things are moving ahead for the lodge. Would hate to lose it to the Forest Service like we did with Reds Horse Ranch.

Check your private messages.

Minam Lodge pics here

Shawn,
Looks beautiful. I think I will leave your website up on the computer a few times for my wife to find. When does your season start and the way this spring is going, when do you think you will be getting into the good wx?
Thanks for the post,
Chris

Hi Shawn,

I've been to your lodge several times in the past...once flew over from Hillsboro with some others just to have lunch. Will be doing so again, and some friends want me to take them into Reds as they have never been there and we will be in for breakfast and lunch.

Great to have you on the site. Keep us posted as to any events you might have going on there.

-Bob

Hi guys, I have been into minam several times this year and the strip is in good shape. Watch out for elk early in the morning! This year it looks like we will be open on weekends in May and then full time June thru September. Hopefully this nasty spring weather will break for some really great flying weather. :D Looking forward to seeing you all this spring and summer! Shawn

The Steen's are first class people

I have hunted with the Steen's once and it was a great experience. Shawn is a great guy and a friend to aviation.

I dropped in to see Minam Lodge this morning. The setting is beautiful! And the leaves aren't even out, yet.

I landed right behind Shawn Steen, the new manager. He is enthusiatic and has lots of great ideas. He hopes to have breakfast ready on the weekends by May. Shawn's Maule is resting in the one hangar at Minam International Airport, but there is lots of other room to park.

The runway is clear and firm. Watch for deer (about 12 off to the west side today) and the occasional elk. Remember that the altitude is 3600 feet.

The Minam river is full with crystal clear water. In the past I have seen salmon.

The satellite weather station is under the weather with one sensor (? which one) not working, so the weather service reflexly took the whole thing off line. It should be fixed real soon now, maybe in May. Check on the internet.

Red's Horse Ranch looks like it fared well this winter. I only touched on their runway. No docents are there this early in the season.

Flying to Minam Lodge is one of my favorites -- being only about 70 minutes from the Pasco, WA airport by SuperCub.

If you go see Shawn and don't take the 5 min jump over the hill and see me I will be DEEPLY HURT!!! :cry:

Stopping by to see you, Derek, would be exposing myself to temptation greater than I might be able to bear.

Temptation aside, I unexpectedly visited the old Alaskan Bushwheel factory in Enterprise a couple years ago and found the experience friendly, fascinating and very worthwhile. Now I really do need to visit the new factory at the nearby airport in Joseph, OR. The process of making these wonderful tires is beautifully and tenderly done by hand. Some day I may have to get some. Then I would to deal with the new temptation of river bars with big rocks.

Ah, life . . .

Back