• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Oregon Aero seat cushions

Macky

Boerne, Texas
Need some help deciding which Oregon Aero seat cushion to buy for the front seat of my SuperCub. Anyone out there have any experience as to which one will fit and work well? I'm looking at the 1" thick cushion with lumbar support, product number 1 PSS LS at $180.

My endurance lately is about an hour without back pain. After that, it isn't fun anymore. I have heard lots of good things about the Oregon Aero cushions. I'd appreciate some comments about the experiences of you guys out there.

Thanks,

Macky

My Oregon Aero cushion eliminates numb butt. I think it is a couple of inches thik with a little lumbar support. Didn't pay that much for it bit I got it several years ago.

My OA seat is not the thin one, it's one step thicker. It works fine in the front seat, and I still have good clearance overhead. It doesn't interfere with the stick travel. You'll want to measure the depth of your seat (from the front edge closest to the stick to the back edge where the seatback cushion starts). Then, either check the seat dimensions on the OA site or give them a call to confirm that their standard seat cushion will fit correctly.

You'll be happy with the OA cushion. It transformed my seat from a 2 hr max endurance to a 3+ hour endurance, and my backside is much happier.

I also have the thicker one and am happy. However, it became much firmer when I did the underseat battery mod and replaced the seat springs with aluminum plate :eek: The 1" model wouldn't do very well in this case!!

seat

Hello there, I have the front seat cushion in mine(bottom & top) and in my opinion it is the best Ive had. I am down here on the coast by Corpus Christi and you are welcome to sit in mine for a while. I dont take many extended trips in my pa-18 but when I have its helped. I bought the thin ones to try and lower me a bit. Still quite comfortable.

We went ahead and bought the expensive OA seats and never looked back. Flew 700 miles one day and it was like riding in an easy chair.

Back