• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

New door seal material

Are you thinking of glueing it to the bottom of the door or door frame? I would think it would get torn up sliding in and out the way I get into a Cub.

Are you thinking of glueing it to the bottom of the door or door frame? I would think it would get torn up sliding in and out the way I get into a Cub.

on the sides of the bottom door. in the bottom lip, and on the sides of the upper door window... you would not slide on it, it will be out of the way...

Would you take a photo of your install of this stuff and post it here? I would like to see where/how you are applying it. This would be much better than my current treatment of air leaks...green masking tape around the gaps.

Thanks, Stewart!

Randy

The Amazon price isn't unfair providing shipping isn't much. It may be stocked in a local commercial door/hardware shop for a little less. It is in Anchorage. ;-)

I haven't installed doors yet so no pics. It should seal as well as the teardrop style gasket I used to use but will pull less when closing a door against it so should last longer.

Amazon Prime- Free 2 Day shipping.

Greatest thing since sliced bread!

The Amazon price isn't unfair providing shipping isn't much. It may be stocked in a local commercial door/hardware shop for a little less. It is in Anchorage. ;-)

I haven't installed doors yet so no pics. It should seal as well as the teardrop style gasket I used to use but will pull less when closing a door against it so should last longer.

Buy local. Anchorage guys can get it for about $20.00 in person.

There's nothing free about Amazon Prime.

I need some of that stuff Stewart. Do you think my local door and hardware supplier carries that stuff?

Yes sir, they do. I'll trade you a roll for a peek at your airplane. Gonna be around Saturday morning? I'll be out there making window templates or drilling holes or......

Yes sir, they do. I'll trade you a roll for a peek at your airplane. Gonna be around Saturday morning? I'll be out there making window templates or drilling holes or......

I'll be around Saturday morning. Give me a call.

Thanks

I used it on my cub about 8 months ago and it has a few bad spots where it has some chunks missing from the back seat passenger climbing in and out. Long term I think it will need to be replaced occasionally in places but I still like it.

Greg, PM sent

in warm climates I can understand having a forever seal that is not quite right.

Up here in the winter a tight cabin makes the difference of scraping ice from windows the entire flight, or windows actually becoming clear of fog after takeoff.

Even if I had to replace seals every fall after Moose season, (that season where all males in the state go crazy and run around the woods making funny noise), if it sealed all winter it would be worth it.

I used it on my cub about 8 months ago and it has a few bad spots where it has some chunks missing from the back seat passenger climbing in and out. Long term I think it will need to be replaced occasionally in places but I still like it.

Put it on the upper and lower doors themselves(instead of on fuselage), then no on can rub it while getting in and out

Back