• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Need advice on purchase (first plane)

olibuilt,
congrats on your new ride and i am glad to see you pulled it off in good style after being battered by many of our rough and gruff comments along the way.
olibuilt rules.

garyh said:
olibuilt,
congrats on your new ride and i am glad to see you pulled it off in good style after being battered by many of our rough and gruff comments along the way.

Thanks guys. I'm just a beginner wanting to learn. Every comment is constructive to me.

Don't worry about the skis, the go off this week when I receive mines. I'll rigged em good next time.

Prestine planes normally cost premium prices. Most of the time your best deal wll be someone who is losing thier medical or wanting to switch types of aircraft(cub to 180 or vise versa), having financial difficultlies or divorce must sell. Unless your buying new, everyplane is going to be different, especially tube and fabric planes. Here in Alaska, certain mod's that the FAA wont approve anymore are very valuable, even though they wont necessarily be reflected in the price. Just take you time and you will find what you looking for.

Uh, did you say the wings were aluminum? Aluminum covered? Or aluminum spars and ribs? Are the spars and ribs wood?

Looking at the pictures I notice there are no inspection openings on the underside of the wings. Just how did you inspect the wings without them?

The wings are aluminium covered like you see in the pictures. Aluminium ribs and spars too. All the belly is aluminium too for a quick disasemble.

2 inspection holes per wings near the fuselage, and 2 (6x10 inch) inspection plates near the pulleys.

Way to go Olibuilt! You must be very excited. That aircraft is sure prettier than the first one I could afford(65 H.P. T-Cart, looked like a church quilting bee).Thank's to many of the experienced members here, they steered you away from a bunch of crap, You ultimately wouldn't have been happy with. Heck, You even endured a bit of nationality bashing!(that guy reminds me of a Green Day song) :wink: . I've been fortunate to experience a couple of high priced hunting and fishing trips, to Canada's extreme North(My friend Who loves to fish and hunt, hit the lottery, huge).I would estimate that 80% of the lodge's guest's were American.Now, given My experiences there, am I safe to assume, that all Americans are braggy, boastful, rude, obnoxious and demanding idiots?No, I think not! I'm owing that to an heir of entitlement(take away someone's money, how many people would come to their funeral?). The kind of racial negative comments You endured, are better left to a website, where the contributers have a hard time with the "big words!"Please not here! The attraction of this unique site, is due solely to it's regular contributing members, Who give good sound advice, freely, for the betterment of others. Anyways, We're all people. Look back far enough,hard to say Who's in One's personal woodpile?(what's that founding fathers name?). :wink: Olibuilt:caught Your other videos.Nice sturgeon!Heard You've got Greenland sharks in the St. Lawrence now.Probably been there all along, just no one ever lived to tell about it. To one of of them a sturgeon would be an "hor's douvre". Hows my French? Who's that proud guy with his thumb up in Your picture? If you're ever heading to Ontario on an airplane search, P.M. Me. I'll set You up with a hangar and accommodations.Good on Ya! Take care, and most of all have fun with Your new toy!

Back