• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Montana Vacation

Bill,
I ranch and raise horses near Ashland, Mt. (about midway between Miles CIty and Sheridan Wyo.) If you are coming through this part of Mt. I may be able to help you, if you haven't found anything else that interests you. I am really busy that time of the year but could probably find the time to get you started, and show you some areas you may be interested in riding around if you don't need a wrangler to ride with you. There is a strip at the St. Labre Mission and I have a strip at the ranch. PM me if this is of interest to you and I can let you know what might be of interest in the area.
Kirk

the Halloween party at Chico was kick ass in 05. To many $$$ Californians moving into the area, from what I see and hear in Pray. You will get free liquor at the Old Saloon if you wear wolf. My bro makes some of the best horses in that part of the state. He's by the old P.O. Lots of gophers too.

Bill-

So what did you end up doing for this trip? What horses did you ride?

I would like to work yellowstone and Glacier into our trip out to JC this summer. Including some horses in addition to a stop at Chico would probably go over pretty well with my wife :D

Tim

We ended up riding horses at Chico. Chico is a great place to visit if you are in the area. Might want to call ahead and check to see what the status of the Flying Y is. To see if it has sold or if they still do shuttle service to it. It's close proximity to Yellowstone would make it convenient.
At Glacier Park you can camp on the airport @ Kalispell city Airport (S27) and there is plenty of places within walking distance to eat. If you need a car jump up to Glacier Park International Airport (GPI). The FBO there was great with getting us a car. I don't know if the going to the sun hi-way is reopened or not but when we was there it was closed from mud slides or the fires.
Are you Going to do the Breaks?

Bill: We have ordered good weather for this year....This is a relatively dry climate....you just happened to be here when we got our annual rainfall. Ralph ...... from the Breaks.

Back