• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

I-pad / I-phone over heating time out

Kecouch

PATRON
Looking for help on how to prevent my iPad from getting too hot from the sun coming into the cabin of my Cub I use a knee board strap to hold my iPad, (dash is pretty full).I’ve consider covering with a sheet of paper or towel but this defeat the purpose when it’s being used for navigation, I also use an iPhone for back up. But this isn’t the answer I am looking for. Anybody found a solution?​

Thank you

I have one and they definitely work. Not cheap, and they don’t provide as many mounting options as I’d like, but for the purpose that they’re designed for, I’d give them an A+.

thank you for your input, I believe this will solve my problem 🧐😀

I also struggle with my ipad mini overheating in the sun. my solution is to make sure it is not in the direct sun by putting sunshades up where needed, and aiming a fresh air vent at it. that does work. the cooling case looks like a good add too, but if direct sun is hitting the screen, it soaks up a lot of heat.

We use the mygoflight cases in the helicopters and have had great success with them. Just use caution as now when you remove the ipads to use elsewhere they are now caseless.... I've dropped one while installing in the heli.

Thanks

We use the mygoflight cases in the helicopters and have had great success with them. Just use caution as now when you remove the ipads to use elsewhere they are now caseless.... I've dropped one while installing in the heli.

thanks for the tips!

I also strap my iPad to my leg. Sometimes the glare from direct sunlight makes it hard to see so I use something under the front edge to tilt it. I tried a folded map or a small hand towel which work ok. I’m making a small hard foam wedge from leftover sea kayak customizing. I can round the bottom side to fit my leg and it won’t slip.

The tilt also reduces the sun angle and helps with cooling. Also getting it up off my leg a little increases air circulation for cooling.

When I’m not using the iPad I place a light colored cloth or piece of paper over it to block the sun if needed.

Over heating iPad

I also strap my iPad to my leg. Sometimes the glare from direct sunlight makes it hard to see so I use something under the front edge to tilt it. I tried a folded map or a small hand towel which work ok. I’m making a small hard foam wedge from leftover sea kayak customizing. I can round the bottom side to fit my leg and it won’t slip.

The tilt also reduces the sun angle and helps with cooling. Also getting it up off my leg a little increases air circulation for cooling.

When I’m not using the iPad I place a light colored cloth or piece of paper over it to block the sun if needed.
Makes sense, thanks

Back