• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Free Spot

Fill out all info, card # and all, than it will ask for promo code, "Gordon23", is the code, than it will reduce the price to $149.

Glenn

I was gonna wait for a deal at SUN N FUN. This is the best deal I've seen. Just ordered one. Ends March 27th.

Cal

Hi Christina,

the SPOT works in the Brooks Range, but depending on the time of the day and position (lat/lon/elevation) intermittent. Signal delays of about 40 minutes are typical.

OK, now I'm starting to wonder. I ordered my "free" Spot last week, March 18. I have an order confirm # etc. On it it says they will email me and confirm my order. One week later, no email. So I call the # listed on the confirm, press 1 for English, and get a gentleman that speaks English about as well as I speak Chinese. Give him my confirm #, ask him what the status is, he tells me it was delivered on Sunday the 22. Interesting, since I didn't receive it. Are you sure I ask, he is sure. I said give me a tracking # from UPS, he stammers in some other language, and asks if he can put me on hold in broken English, fine. 20 minutes later, he comes back on the line, and says actually it is in transit still and gives me a UPS tracking #. I go to UPS website, no such tracking #. I sure hope these aren't the same people that answer the phone in a real emergency! I feel good that I will still be carrying my ACR PLB, and just using the Spot for a supplemental tracking device. The customer service brought back nightmares of when I used to be a Globalstar customer.

I ordered mine 3/23 and got email today w/message "order shipped" and UPS tracking # etc .As of 03:05 PDT my Spot has left L.A. and headed east.Hopefully I'll get it by Fri.or early next week....Herman.

received mine yesterday, it works in Chugiak. As I travel this summer I will post on where it works and where it does not.

John Pex
72A
Chugiak AK

Speaking of good deals - Where is my rebate check from the Spot I bought at the end of last year? Anybody else missing a rebate check? I hate those things.

Don't hold your breath waiting for a check from Globalstar(Spot). They owed me over $900 for 6 months for bothched phone billing on my sat phone- and they admitted it in writing. I finally had to sic the attorney general of Minnesota on them to get them to cough up. They are not a customer oriented company.

Ordered 1 got one on Tue, got another one on Wed called them and they did not know they had shipped 2. :cheers

John Pex
72A
Chugiak AK

Spot arrived today.The initialization did take more than the 4 mins.average stated in manual.I'm testing the various functions,i.e..ok,help and tracking etc.So far all seems to be working.The instruction manual is a little lacking concerning the track progress and how to see this through your account.I will post more as I put the spot through it's paces.Oh yeah,when I called customer service they did speak very good English with a Canadian accent.....Herman.

SPOT mount

Now that we have our gadgets, what works best for mounting in cubs? For a good satellite view, in the skylight, I presume, but the unit is 1-1/4" thick. If mounted on the shelf behind the rear seat, can it see through the fabric and around the tubing? If any of you have a mounting picture, that would be helpful.

Back