• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Continental starter adapter.

pzinck

western,me
I have had problems with the starter drive or adapter slipping on our 185 as of late.I usually get her going after some slipping and clunking.I am probably going to order a niagra.You guys that run the bigger continentals,could you advise if this is the best one? The 185 is a 1980 with factory mount that came with a 3 blade prop.Someone had stated to me cessna changed the mounts over the years and this is the better one.DOes anyone know how big a project this is? I also have heard they made some years with a mount that pivots down somewhat.I have tried asking on some other websites pertaining to cessna,but got little feedback.A couple guys reffered me to niagra,but just making sure.Seems like more cessna 180/185 gurus here than on most other sites.I really like 180/185's , but they aint like cubs where nothing too drastic changed in all the years.The skywagons were continuously in flux.From wing cambers,to landing gears,fuel tanks and engines they are all different. Thanks in advance.

Used them for years with no complaints. Just don't put a Lamar Starter on it when you put it back together.

Back