• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Backcountry/TCOW build

Flew the Cub today. Flew great hands off in level flight and the engine ran flawlessly. Aero Sport builds great engines. Put 2.5 on it and I'll fly it again tomorrow. Don

Don, Super Cool !!!! Love the look you went with, Congrats on a fine looking and flying bird.....8) Rick

how I did mine. Used two inch fiberglass cloth. West systems Epoxy resin. Place plastic wrap over the boot cowl area were the fairing is to be placed. Use plastic tape and build a dam with plastic tape at the upper edge of the faring on the windshield. Sand the bottom of windshield below tape. With windshield in place, Using West systems Epoxy and the two inch fiberglass cloth, carefully place about three or four layers adjacent to the plastic damn on the windshield and protected boot cowl. now the secret. After the resin has set up use the edge of a sharp knife in the scraping motion to scrape the fiberglass until the proper shape and smoothness. Scrape with blade 90 degrees to surface. Will work almost like a wood plane. Use bondo or resin with micro gallonsand sandable primer for any small improfections. Remove the windshield and carefully sand and contour the bottom edge. Ready to install. Used small stainless screws and locknut to secure to boot cowl. Will be bonded to windshield.

Back