• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Anyone else being ignored by Javron?

Curious if anyone else is being ignored, or finding it about impossible to get in contact with Jay/Javron?

I ordered my kit two years ago, received it just under a year ago, and am still waiting on a few more parts. All of my messages now seem to fall of deaf ears; phone calls not returned and emails not replied to. I am about ready to show up on the doorstep in MN…. Curious if anyone else has a shared experience?

These parts sure are nice but I cannot say I am impressed with the business end of it. Hopefully I’m the only one, fair warning if I’m not.

He is very busy, heard he was short staffed, and the long lead time has been like that for years now. Sometimes its frustrating for me but I just deal with it, not to uncommon in the industry anymore. He always has got my stuff ready and shipped out within a few months or quicker except for larger stuff like kits or wings. But I have not ordered anything in the past few months so maybe there is a new issue.

Thanks for the replies, I'll keep on trying! Hope everyones builds are going well. I am impressed with the quality of the parts that I have and am looking forward to seeing this thing fly.

Jay just spent a week with me in Alaska, so he was not in the office. Hopefully he will get caught up now that he’s back in his shop.
Thank you for your patience.

I think the timing with Jay out on vacation is the problem, Jay has always been great about answering my questions whenever needed. My kit was about 6 months past the estimate but the quality is there and Jay is a top notch guy so I definitely would not stress. His parts are in high demand and like everyone he has labor and supply chain issues. If he has any fault its his optimistic time schedules but I think he would admit that as well. There were a handful of small parts that were delayed but as I approached actually needing them I would call Jay and he always got the part out the door so it was never a hold up. Today was my 1st flight. Kit ordered in November 2020, was ready in Nov21. Did three weeks total at Javron over the winter and kit arrived at my house May 2022. 1st Flight today.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Yes, Jay will admit he is overoptimistic but every now and then he beats his predictions also (my wings were ready way sooner than I planned).

First flight!! Hope you post something with more info! Congrats!!

I think the timing with Jay out on vacation is the problem, Jay has always been great about answering my questions whenever needed. My kit was about 6 months past the estimate but the quality is there and Jay is a top notch guy so I definitely would not stress. His parts are in high demand and like everyone he has labor and supply chain issues. If he has any fault its his optimistic time schedules but I think he would admit that as well. There were a handful of small parts that were delayed but as I approached actually needing them I would call Jay and he always got the part out the door so it was never a hold up. Today was my 1st flight. Kit ordered in November 2020, was ready in Nov21. Did three weeks total at Javron over the winter and kit arrived at my house May 2022. 1st Flight today.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

The kit I ordered is way behind the estimated time frame also, but I expected that from my research before ordering the kit. That being said everytime I've called Jay I've been able to talk to him. I might have had to call back a few times to reach him but I've always gotten ahold of him. He seems like a legit stand up guy to me

Do not try to contact Jay on his cell phone. Call the shop (phone number on their website) and ask for Jay. You'll probably talk to Mike, a really nice guy and he will go get Jay. You can leave a message if Jay is not available but I always follow up with another phone call. I should add that the cell phone service in the shop is not so good.

Wayne

Last edited:
Jay and Mike are both great guys. Mike has recently helped me get some parts from my kit that were holding me up.

I think the overwhelming consensus here is that they could use some help.

Being a busy shop known for quality is always a good problem! The friction of finding quality labor, materials and production space has been no joke for any small business I imagine.

Jay seems to be more of a shop phone guy than an email guy from my experience. Mike picks up the phone a lot, and I feel bad that I may be keeping him from an important task, maybe even from my own kit production... I am about 14 months post deposit for a 4place, and knew that being patient would be worth it from the start. Also, it sounds like they work in batches to keep things running and efficient, so it could be that you are waiting on your kit in the next batch. Personally, hope to do a build assist and come home with the kit this summer after everyone is back from AirVenture. That's the plan I have made with them.

I have money to them for a 4 place. Since February. Was told kit is a year out. Asked again on two different occasions if the year out is BS or a solid timeframe so i can plan my business. He told me “no it’s a year out”. We shall see. Not planning on it being on time. When I’ve called I’ve got ahold of him, emails, not a chance.

Delays can be frustrating and are inevitable, however once you receive your kit from Jay you will be blown away by the quality and workmanship of the Javron gang. WELL WORTH THE WAIT!

I have money to them for a 4 place. Since February. Was told kit is a year out. Asked again on two different occasions if the year out is BS or a solid timeframe so i can plan my business. He told me “no it’s a year out”. We shall see. Not planning on it being on time. When I’ve called I’ve got ahold of him, emails, not a chance.

I put a deposit down on a 4-place kit too in February. February of 2022….. Jay told me a year. Still waiting.

Jay expects a $15,000 deposit on the standard kit according to the price sheet still on line. I imagine it's about the same for a 4 place.

Wayne

15K for me three years ago. I just did get my 4S airframe back in November. I got tired of waiting and went and picked it up. Not complete, as Jay has not finalized firewall forward nor boot cowl and cowling. I figured I cold build those myself.
The issue at this point is the engine mount has not been finalized either. Hard to build a cowling without an engine hanging.
There is also a change in the vertical tail and rudder in the works. Long story there.
Tom

Well damn. That doesn’t give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. Maybe my planned 2 year downtime is a pipe dream. Looking for an 11 now to get me by….not sure why one would continue to give out bs timeframes knowing it’s just that….regardless of quality once done

Well damn. That doesn’t give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. Maybe my planned 2 year downtime is a pipe dream. Looking for an 11 now to get me by….not sure why one would continue to give out bs timeframes knowing it’s just that….regardless of quality once done

Alaska Airframes - are they chopped liver now, or just too expensive?

PA-11??? I have a lightweight 180 hp, big black beast of a Super Cub that swings a 90" Catto - defies gravity and climbs like a homesick angel, that you may be interested in??? :wink::lol:

Airframes quoted me a 12+ month lead time and much spendier then Javron, I ended up scratch building the fuse. Also I have seen my friends have fitment issues on the airframes fuselages lately, like jackscrew, elevator stops, wing attach fittings and torque tube towers. Nothings perfect but when you have a jig..... After going through all this mess, I would buy a fuselage mostly done but weld in some of the trimmings myself.

Who’s the guy building the 3-place airframe at Settler’s Bay? Paul..? I referred a guy to Skup after finishing my plane and he just finished his a few days ago using a custom -18 airframe from Paul. It’s a thing of beauty, both airframe and finished airplane. He used BCSC Rev 3 wings and a hotrod 0-360. Pretty airplane. I’ve seen a couple of his 3-place airframes, too. Also excellent.

Alaska Airframes - are they chopped liver now, or just too expensive?

PA-11??? I have a lightweight 180 hp, big black beast of a Super Cub that swings a 90" Catto - defies gravity and climbs like a homesick angel, that you may be interested in??? :wink::lol:

I’ll be damn. I think I know that one. Miss it. Neighbor has 0-200 cub with flaps I may use to get my rocks off in the meantime

Have good friend that ordered a PA-12 fuselage over two years ago......... I personally think alot of Jay but something is amiss as he is NOT answering the emails. Friend is tired of all the BS and wants his deposit back...... it's turned into something different than it should have. Too bad cause Jay is a nice fella.......
Hope they get it worked out soon!

I personally think alot of Jay but something is amiss as he is NOT answering the emails. Friend is tired of all the BS and wants his deposit back......

He needs to call, email does NOT work. I have never gotten an email response. Very frustrating and not how I would do it, but once I understood the phone was the only way it all worked out.

I just talked to Mike 2 minutes ago - he seems to answer the phone nearly every time I call. I never ask Mike to have Jay call me back, that is a setup for disappointment - I just ask if he knows when Jay will be back in (today he is not in, but will be next week). I will call again Monday.

Agree on the must call. I also have never gotten an email response but no problems calling the shop. Have a completed Javron Cub and will probably build another in the future, but I know I will have to plan well ahead. Also heard cub crafters is 2 years wait for a CC kit? Also might build their kit next if they develop their ELAS system for the CC.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Back