• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

AK Bushpod and Bolt-on Float Fittings...How to modify

WindOnHisNose

BENEFACTOR
Lino Lakes MN (MY18)
At long last I received the Bushpod (Firmin Pod) from Bob Piatt, and opened the big box today, with the help of Darrel Starr. The installation was going great until we proceeded to lift the pod onto the belly of the supercub.

I have installed bolt-on float fittings, not for flying floats (which I am not planning to do anytime soon, if at all), but for the aft cables from my Federal hydraulic skis.

We find that we have two choices to make this work:

1. Use a Dremel tool or hacksaw to modify the bushpod to fit around the float fittings; or

2. Use a cutting tool to modify the float fittings in order to eliminate the interference.

Steve Eaton sent me photos of his installation, but his float fittings aren't nearly as bulky as my bolt-ons.

Anyone had this problem? If so, how did you elect to deal with it?

I really appreciate any help you might be able to offer.

Randy

Oh, yes, the Bushpod looks terrific! Very good workmanship, attention to detail. Couldn't be happier with that.

Randy

take float fittings off, and just add a umpco clamp or two for skis check cable???????????? you will save 4 lbs in the deal probably too..........

Back