• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Aerothane over Dope help.

When I was getting ready to spray Aerothane last year I asked Greg, the tech guy at Poly Fiber, at what point the danger from Aerothane first began. This was his response in an e-mail:

"The real danger with urethanes like these begins when the catalyst is airborne. The molecules are so small they pass through all semi & permeable materials.

Usually our guys have their suits on and they may or may not be wearing the mask when they stir the ingredients. The catalyst has a very sweet smell. In a closed still environment be more careful than if you have some ventilation.

The key to notice is a feeling of warmth in the chest. It feels "good" but it is out of the ordinary. It gets worse with more exposure and behaves like an asthma attack, gets a little harder to breath, causes headaches and some sickness in the stomach. If you feel the warmth in the chest be more careful. If you feel any of the others get out of it and do not do it again. Urethane exposure is cumulative. That means if one day spraying you get over-exposed during a 2-6 hour session, it does not matter if 10 years passes the next time you are exposed it will take 3 minutes, then you really need to get out of it. "

DSCN1641.JPG

Here is my paint outfit. I like the cool fresh air pumped into the hood and not getting my clothes and skin exposed to paint whether it is Aerothane or Poly Tone

Attachments

• DSCN1641.JPG
    DSCN1641.JPG
    802.7 KB · Views: 136
Back