• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

2+2 owners. Any here.

Fortysix12

RanchAero Grand Vista, Brooksville
Helping a friend determine which way to go on a 2+2.

1. Can flaps be added to the wood wings built by the guys in wisconsin?
2. Best power plant
3. Flight characteristics
4. How different from a true PA 14
5. The wag aero gear

1- Flaps can be added, Not necessary unless real serious about bush work
2-0-320, 160hp
3-almost like a Supercub but not quite. Mine, cruise-110, stall 38 indicated. level, 2000ft full throttle 130(mph)
4-never flew a PA-14, but I have been told very close.
5-The spring gear is great. I made my own, but I think the Wagaero spring gear is good.

I have 1000 hours on mine and still find it a blast to fly.

IMO

Tim

I am building one but with the d&e wings. The wag aero spring gear was designed for the 2+2 according to the fellas at wag aero. Tonight I was welding the door sq. tubing for lt. side. 160 hp 0320, 2" extended gear. I still have a lot to do.

I am also building the 2+2. I am building the wood wings and am adding flaps as per STC drawings for the PA 12. I am currently waiting on the fuselage materials kit from Wag, should arrive in about a week or so. Jig is built for fuselage and I have been building wing ribs as I wait. Plan on using a Lyc 160. This site has been very helpful as I began this project. Great bunch of wing nuts here!

Marty Feehan

Hey Tim,

You make it back in one peice?? :lol:

I've been flying a Luscombe here in BUF....get me in that 2+2!!

--Phil

Hey Phil, I'm back up here. 2 or 3 of us are going to Sentemental journey next week, maybe I'll come back via BUF. Can you handle that Luscomb? Find any little strips out there to challenge you?

Tim

Ehh....can't get THAT short with this thing. I'll be back in a cub within' a week....thank GOD.

Going to Lock Haven?? I'm pretty jealous...I'm scheduled for ONE day on in the middle of 5 days off that happen to be the same dates as SJ. This is gonna be the 2nd year I missed it...

If I jumpseat to State College, PA which is 25nm south of SJ @ LHV, you gonna pick me up?? :lol: :lol:

Glad you got the toy back up there.

-Phil

I'm building one.
Fuselage "almost" done.
Plan on using a Dakota style wing, with extended flaps and ailerons moved outboard.
Have a 0320, which I'll probably overhaul to 160 hp. or more if I can get it?
Have 3" extended gear and plan on using spring bungee's or urethane?
Trying to stay as light as possible!
Laz

Back