• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

paint scheme change

Josh

Going to recover the Ol' Cub Coupe pretty soon, I would like to stay as stock or original as possible for those years built, However I just got the Original paint scheme copy from Mr. Clyde for my J4E and the two tone Dark Green and Diana Creme paint scheme threw me off of what I was expecting( lockhaven yellow with green stripe was in mind). So would it be sacrilige to put the colors I like on the plane and hear every Cub Expert say to me every where I go say "thats not right, the Coupe colors were..................." Or put the original paint scheme on and say to everyone, "Thats Pipers original paint scheme DONT MAKE FUN!!!!" Some simple feed back so I feel better would be appreciated. Thanks, Josh

It's my understanding that the Cub Coupes were painted many different colors per purchasers' request. Use the basic layout of the paint scheme you got from Clyde and pick whatever colors you want. That should be accurate enough.

Cheers!

Joe

I always do a Rangoon Red lightning stripe on my Ford Commercial Truck Chrome Yellow J-3, and the bear is 150% the original. Interior is red, too, and those white face 3 1/2" instruments are long gone. Makes me happy. Have a friend who does the lightning stripe in Chartreuse. Makes him happy.

Back