• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

How many different paint schemes?

pzinck

western,me
I know piper kept the supercubs paint schemes for several years at a time.How many different ones were there in total? I know different colors were offered,but am talking about general striping and such. Does anyone also know the years they ran from.? Thank you.PZ.

pzinck said:
I know piper kept the supercubs paint schemes for several years at a time.....

Not in the earlier years. There was a different paint scheme each year at least through the 50s and into the early 60s. Not sure when they started running the same scheme over multiple years. You can view a lot of the 50s-era schemes by looking at the pictures of the old Super Cub ads and brochures posted in the gallery of this site.

Cheers!

Joe

And here I thought all they ever offered was white with red stripe or yellow with black lightning bolt. Silly me!

If you do a search on this site you will find a thread with a lot of info. I tried to put together an article but ran into a couple of brick walls and kinda gave up, but the info is on this site I think.

Bill

ranger4_lg.jpg

Phil:

Cant say about the older paint schemes, but if I had a rebuild cub going to the paint booth, this is what it would look like.
I think Top Cub has a smasher with this paint layout. Looks great, although much more modern than traditional.

Jim

Back