• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA12 MAINTENANCE

CACEGALO

HELLO EVERYBODY!
I'M CARLOS GARCÍA FROM SPAIN.

I BOUGHT A UNMAINTAINED SINCE 1980 PA-12 .
THE PROBLEM IS THAT I HAVE GOT THE FOLLOWING PUBLICATIONS: "PIPER PA-12 SUPER CRUISER PART LIST", "PIPER PA-12 SUPER CRUISER PILOT'S CKECKLIST", "PIPER PA-12 SUPER CRUISER OPERATING LIMITATIONS", SERVICE LETTERS AND SERVICE BULLETINS BUT I COULD NOT FIND THE MAINTENNANCE THAT I HAVE TO CARRY OUT TO MY "NEW" PLANE.

COULD YOU HELP ME WHITH THIS PROBLEM?

THANK YOU IN ADVANTAGE

Hello Carlos and welcome to SuperCub.org!

If you look in the "member area" and go to "tech publications and forms" you will find and inspection list for the PA12 (I think it is at the bottom of all the listed items). I don't think that Piper published a maintenance manual as such - I'm sure that some of the other members will know this for sure - but the inspection sheet should help you get started.

Good luck!

Brian

Carlos:

BKFOX is correct regarding the lack of an official maintenance manual for the PA-12. In general, you'll find there's not much official documentation for the plane. However, there is a wealth of information that will be useful to you and your mechanic in the back issues of the Cub Club newsletter. You can contact Steve Krog, who owns the Cub Club, at sskrog@aol.com. The Cub Club also has a web site, but I'm not sure of the exact URL: I'm sure you can find it via Google.

Also, if your plane hasn't been maintained since 1980, you and your mechanic should carefully read the "What Breaks" thread found here on Supercub.org.

Congratulations on your purchase: I'm sure it will bring you lots of satisfaction.

Back