• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Top Cub/Super Cub Flap Lever Mod???

"Does anyone have a diagram on the flap lever mod for a CC-18/PA-18.

I have a short one, and it works well. At first I wished I had a long one, but found if I slow down then I have no problem getting my short one up. Its not hard to get it all the way up by going a bit slower. I've come to like it and no longer think about long ones.

I would think the big test would be if you can pull it to release for a go around with full prop blast?

Glenn

All great info. I believe I would rather have a handle to long than one to short. ;-) Though, I am not sure how I will react when I'm in full prop blast and need to release my handle. But, I am hoping the situation will present itself.:wink:

Thank you all for the......?...advice?....info.

Joey

image.jpeg
Has anyone seen one of these?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 207
I have a handle bent just like the modified one in the above picture. Someone gave it me a few years ago. I plan on adding flaps to my experimental pa18-95, wonder it will fit? I thought I would have to either straighten it or cut it off and weld a straight piece on it.

I have a handle bent just like the modified one in the above picture. Someone gave it me a few years ago. I plan on adding flaps to my experimental pa18-95, wonder it will fit? I thought I would have to either straighten it or cut it off and weld a straight piece on it.

when they gave it to u did they say, "take this piece of crap."?

Back