• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Tool to replace cords

G

Gatorcub

I purchased a tool to replace the shock cords on my PA-18, a job of which I never cared for. I had a tool which pulled one side only and about 1/2 the time I was afraid of it, as it would bend or the cord would get stuck in the tool. I called Mr.David L. Rude Inc., 12 High Point Drive, Poughkeepsie, NY 12603, and while he did not have a tool for the Super with hydrasorbs, he felt one for a PA-20 would do the job with some mods. We were on the phone for a long time taken measurements, etc. These tools are all handmade. Well the tools didn't work, so I contact Dave, and discussed the problem, and a new tools was on the way, shipping at his cost. To make a long story short, this tools works very well, and was easy to use. It pulls on both sides, and has guards to prevent the cords from jumping off. Dave is a great guy to work with, and will make it right. He is mechanical engineer, but I don't hold that against him. He is also an AI, so can talk airplane.

The Stewart Brothers in Cashmere WA make & sell the "Bungee Buddy". Also sell Stewart paint system (used to be AFS?)

Back