• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

The Frozen Ground - New movie with SC action

Bugs66

Spokane WA
Had an excellent presentation tonight at our EAA chapter from Mike Kincaid, former Alaska State Patrol pilot and author. Mike recently came back from Alaska helping with the new movie The Frozen Ground, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2005374/, to be released in December. The movie is based on the true story about serial killer Robert Hansen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Hansen) who used his Super Cub to kidnap young women and then murder them in remote locations. Dark story but looks to be quite a thriller.

Mike shared fabulous video and behind the scene photos of the movie shoot. He did all the flying of the Super Cub in the movie and was the stunt double/pilot for John Cusack. They did an amazing job making him look like Robert Hansen. The movie creators went out of their way to make the Cub look just like Hansen's and even the period look for the State Patrol aircraft. I understand no CG will be used, only real flying.

I believe Mike is under embargo to release online any video or photos, but if he gets permission I will post on this thread.

Last edited:
The roto pilot for the movie (not the gyrocam) is also a cub enthusiast and works at Evergreen on Merrill Field. He got a few lines in the movie too.

The guy was born and raised 12 miles from my childhood home and where I went to Junior College. I did not know the family but my brother in law is from there and I still have some friends in the area. I will have to ask if they knew him!

I am not fond of this type of movie but guess I will have to see this one!!

I did some work starting a new boiler at the Jeanue prison in alaska a few years back. Happened to mention the story of this guy picking up hookers in Anchorage then taking them out in the bush. I was told he would hunt them down with a bow and arrow after letting them go to run. The guard that told me the whole story said he is there in that prison. Bet alot of guys in Alaska knew him since he flew a cub.

He also did a lot of flying to folks's cabins and stealing their stuff; and flying and shooting the same day...

I have a few ties to the story... one of those stories that makes me not want to be a pilot/hunter.

He ruined many MANY lives. May God have mercy on his soul.

Never heard of this before, Jeez the man had a Supercub and Alaska as his back yard you think he should have been happy. I've
had plenty of female rejection in my life what average guy hasn't, but I've never felt the need to commit murder.

Last edited:
I saw some advance footage of the cub flying from this late last year. Really great scenery!

sj

Back