• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Spring flying/skiing/snowboarding

skukum12

The Last Frontier
Hey all, I really have the bug to do some backcountry flying/boarding this year. Every spring, I drool over the photos of some of you boys who take the planes out and do the aerial chairlift thing. My 12 should be back in the air in time for some ski fun. Here is my situation: I have the plane and some ski experience. I have flying buds, but they don't have the necessary combination of plane/skis/desire to go on such an adventure. So, this is my not so humble way of asking if anyone who has experience in Alaska, Alaska Range/Talkeetnas, would be willing to let me tag along, learn the ropes and places to go. Thanks, Joe

Sounds tempting. Do you need wheel skis for operations in your neck of the woods?

Hey all, I really have the bug to do some backcountry flying/boarding this year. Every spring, I drool over the photos of some of you boys who take the planes out and do the aerial chairlift thing. My 12 should be back in the air in time for some ski fun. Here is my situation: I have the plane and some ski experience. I have flying buds, but they don't have the necessary combination of plane/skis/desire to go on such an adventure. So, this is my not so humble way of asking if anyone who has experience in Alaska, Alaska Range/Talkeetnas, would be willing to let me tag along, learn the ropes and places to go. Thanks, Joe

X2

Back