• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Schwend shoots new World Record!!

SteveE

SPONSOR
Jenks, OK
Here is the proof,,,

As we all know,,, Montana is overrun with grasshoppers this year... and on a recent pre scouting trip for this years Winterfest,, our good friend S2D,, spots a trophy grasshopper,,, Boone and Crockett green score of 120 which puts it well above the current world record of 114 for the Yellow Hop Grasshopper..

Never missing an opportunity,,, the story goes as follows,

Our good friend,, flying his spray plane, dumps an entire load of Lorisban on the pesky critter,,,,, which came out unscathed and really pissed off...

To the disbelief of Chemical Ali (aka S2D), he makes a quick exit to grab his trusty Supercub, filled with shotgun shells and his trusty sawed off 12 guage.... But just in case, he threw in his Winchester .219 Zipper... :)

Searching the area the critter was spotted in a crick (thats creek for anybody outside Montana). Seemed the Lorisban had only energized the critter,,,, Grabbing the 12 guage and fumbling with the shells,,,, our deadeye gunner/pilot could not hit the broad side of a barn,,, seems everytime he made a pass,, the giant hopper would spit some tobacco up and block the view of our shooter... of course S2D could not make out if it was oil coming out of the engine or the hopper.... In any case,, if the truth were known,, I believe it was a case of Hopper Fever..

Obviously these tactics were not working,,, so he landed the trusty white horse in a field,,,, gets out the .219 zipper and in a full blown charge,,, jaws snapping, tobacco dripping,,, Brian, with nerves of steel,, holds his ground and plunks him between the eyes... DRT (dead right there),,, Down,,, rolls within inches of our buddy with nerves of steel,,,

Suddenly those nerves gave way and he collapses to the ground,, shaking and in need of a :drinking: ....

So,,,,,,, Here is proof.
Grasshopper-1.jpg

Hey,,,,, this story was relayed to me by a reliable source,,, and he sent the pic because he knew I knew how to post it.....

I swear on a stack of cards being held by the Grand PooBah of All Supercubbers Everywhere. :Gnose:

I thought it was his "ghetto hat cocked just right!"

Nice shoot. Sounds like you got a case of the bear shakes. Glad you put that sucker down...coulda hurt someone.

hopper

Good shot Brian!!! That sumbitch was big enough to de-virginize my best heifer!!! I just hate it when they spit tobacco on the glass... its bad enough when I spit it on the inside.

dave

Eaton,

You have outdone yourself. You need to write a book.(I would add an emoticon here if I knew how to do it)

Kevin

SteveE
Don't you have somewhere you're suppose to be?? Somewhere they've never heard of computers? Like Ohio maybe??? :snipersmile:

:D :D LOL!!!

Your out of control. It must be raining or snowing or something up there. You should be out flying flipper.

Why did you not come to Graham and visit last week? That reminds me, watched the coyote video at Steve's, it was awesome.

Lance

behindpropellers said:
I see he has also joined the hair club for men.

I think that is one of the John Meade High Profile hats.

sj

Steve, I think that must prove a point. Real men prefer high profile hats.

?

Don't ya-all have a "no same day reg"... in MT???? if PETA gets wind of this link it could ruin the whole world of hopper hunting as we know it!!!!!!! delete delete delete..

Hey Willowbelly!!
Welcome to the ORG!! You just got in under the wire for the "NO Post for 2 YEARS" penalty!!

GIve us an intro, who/where are ya & what makes you worthwhile? :)
Always good to know another resource (I mean airplane folk).

Lance said:
: That reminds me, watched the coyote video at Steve's, it was awesome.

Lance

SteveE is talented, to bad we gotta keep it under wraps :cry:
Just don't leave your baggage door open in a hot LZ :D

Brad

Lance said:
:D :D LOL!!!

Your out of control. It must be raining or snowing or something up there. You should be out flying flipper.

Why did you not come to Graham and visit last week? That reminds me, watched the coyote video at Steve's, it was awesome.

Lance

Lance,,, I didnt know anybody was at Graham. :p I was out inspecting the scene of my last crime and doing my best to get huntin rights,,, we will see how that turns out....

Anyway,,, find the reds,,, might have to come down in November,,, Cajun Joe says thats a good time,,,, although it is right during the peak of the rut here.... I am going to try to get a bigger Hopper than Brian shot..

NimpoCub said:
Hey Willowbelly!!
Welcome to the ORG!! You just got in under the wire for the "NO Post for 2 YEARS" penalty!!

GIve us an intro, who/where are ya & what makes you worthwhile? :)
Always good to know another resource (I mean airplane folk).
Hey Willowbelly!!

Dammit, I was hoping to make it 2 more years without a post... I am just a lurker from AK currently looking for a cub, who likes the ORG for all of its info.. Cant say I am very worthwhile ...unless you need someone to help ya with high angle game recovery.....WB
:)

Evan and I have done nothing but talk about it. We need to iron something out.

Evan will be working the food plots at his place next week. I am trying to figure out where I am going to duck hunt. Still have not found out about the best time for the Reds at the islands. (have not tried very hard though).

Fishing at the islands would be a blast. Maybe camp there for a night then head to mississippi and hang out at his camp our mine with the cubs

Well,,, I guess there is more to the story,,,,

Seems when S2D was heading back to his trusty white steed,,,, he came upon a whole herd of Hoppers,,, big uns,, little uns and GIANT ones....

But the gun was in the plane and all he had was his .219 zipper,,, with an empty chamber... You see, he had unloaded all his remaining bullets in the last quivering Hopper,, and now he was empty handed,, cept for his trusty Boy Scout Knife...

Word has it, the last we saw of our little Buddy, he was heading over the hills at a dead run,,,, and in hot pursuit were some Hoppers full of revenge,,,,, cause as you can see from the pic,,, a couple of those hoppers seem to be getting an idea on what might take place if they catch our fast runnin little friend... :eek:

I swear,,, I am not sure a Cheetah could run as fast as he passed a couple of antelope herds.... Wonder how long he can hold out...

As told to me this day by a very reliable source,,, which I cannot reveal at this time.......

grasshoppers_on_plane.jpg

WillowBilly said:
Dammit, I was hoping to make it 2 more years without a post... I am just a lurker from AK currently looking for a cub, who likes the ORG for all of its info.. Cant say I am very worthwhile ...unless you need someone to help ya with high angle game recovery.....WB
:)

Well, If you're reading this, you can see how worthwhile some things are. :) :)
Jump right in with some stories or BS...
Tell us what the H a high angle game recovery is. Helicopter moose retrieval??

Well,,, I got a phone call the other day from my unnamed source,,,, seems like there is more to the story.....

Last we heard,,, our gunner/pilot/hero was trying, as fast as he could, to escape the onslaught of the fast approaching Hopper Gang from West Miles City.... They were bent on revenge from their leader being bagged by our spray pilot/hero... and our hero/runner was trying as hard as he could not to be bagged and bent over.. :eek:

Well little did our hero know,,, that his AgPilot buddy Hartman just happened to be flying around also doing a little scouting for the local electric company...........

Spotting a cloud of dust,,, he eases over there and sees our hero/runner....being chased by a group of Hoppers hell bent on revenge..

A quick buzz job gets our hero's attention and in a quick pick up kinda like a James Bond movie,,, our hero gets swooped up while hanging on to the struts,, one leg in the door and one leg out...

Out of harms way, and fortunate to be saved,, our hero grabs the resident shotgun and says "Lets GET EM!!".......

Well, for those of you who have had the opportunity to fly with Hartman, you know how quickly a turnaround can happen,,,,, and in the blink of an eye,,, they are making a low pass on the Hopper Gang.....

Not having to fly and shoot at the same time,,, our hero/now gunner,, blasts away with vengence.....Hoppers now lay all around the field,,, although a couple did get away in a well placed crick (thats creek for you outside Montana)........ Searching for a place to land,,,, a short, smooth landing area appears,,,, but once again,,,, if you happen to have ridden with our now Pilot/rescuer,,, those short smooth spots are really a hole ridden,, rough,, sagebrush filled,, side of some hill that you have to put the plane in 4 wheel drive just to get up it....

Anyway,,,, Hoppers are secured in the cargo pod and a couple on the struts.... and off to Mackey Taxidermy shop they head.....

Now until I get another phone call to see if there is any more to the story,,,, this shall be the end.... but a picture is worth a thousand words,,, and shall be proof that all is real in this world....

grasshartman.jpg

Back