• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

paint schemes

PA-11 HORSEMAN said:
This is an original 1952 PA-18/125 painted Polar Gray and Insignia Red.

I am partial to that color combination. My Pacer was Polar Gray and Pontiac Red. Looked pretty sharp!

Darrel,

We're sorry to hear that your were unhappy with the quality of our paint scheme blueprints. We only have available what is, in turn, available to us. All our blueprints are reproductions of physical blueprints rather than from microfiches like Chris Strum and Northland's drawings. Most of our drawings are not available on microfiche and therefore we are limited to reproductions of physical drawings. Often our masters have degraded over the years and/or are the result of copies of copies, causing the drawings to be overexposed: physical blueprints don't stand the test of time as well as we'd like.

We have long been a fan of both Strum and Northland's collections and direct people to them quite frequently. We also remain honest about the quality of our drawings. The amount we charge is solely based on how much it costs us to have the blueprints reproduced (per square foot). The storage and pulling of blueprints is very labor intensive and results in a significant amount of capital tied up in paper. The result is that we're barely breaking even on blueprints and often lose money on them when you factor in shipping them in a tube.

All this being said, I've been a proponent of going away from paper blueprints for quite some time but the transition process to digital has been costly and time consuming. That being said, we've continued to offer the physical blueprints as a service to aircraft owners, builders, restorers, and enthusiasts in the mean time. If you're concerned about the quality or usefulness of a particular blueprint, ask us and we'll be sure to help, but please don't lambast us publicly without doing so first.

We are always here to help.

Sincerely,

Jordan Coffey
The Cub Club

Piper probably didn't offer this color scheme......

Shock Cub.jpeg

Attachments

• Shock Cub.jpeg
    Shock Cub.jpeg
    13.7 KB · Views: 3,862
Back