• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Oympics TFR

Redbaron180

Lopez Island WA
I see that the Olympics TFR around Vancover has disappeared from the FAA site. I thought it was supposed to last another week or two. Maybe they had to give up, not enough snow.........

Still some restrictions right around Van., but wider area stuff has relaxed.

Lots of snow now, its been snowing in the mountains all week.

Mike

Here's part of an email that was FWD'd to me.
(some snippage has occured, but the gist is here)

CYR185, CYR186, CYR187 and CYR188 will cease to exist at midnight on Friday (0001PST on 13 Mar), and the R&FA program will shrink to that area directly over the Paralympic Venues (CYR189, CYR190, CYR193 and CYR194). Accordingly, Vancouver International, Boundary Bay, Squamish and Pemberton Airports will resume normal operations, as will Vancouver Harbour, most regional heliports and Delta Airpark. The Olympic VTA Chart will become a souvenir, and access to the Vancouver VTA will once again be controlled by NAV CANADA.

The Vancouver 2010 Integrated Security Unit's vision to;"Secure the best Winter Games ever as Partners in Safety, Peace and Celebration" became a reality thanks to you, and we truly appreciate everything you've done to help.

"Keeping Olympic Skies Safe"
V2010 Registration and Flight Authorization

Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Vancouver 2010 Integrated Security Unit

Back